Never worn trench now slightly small...

pennypie

Oct 20, 2012
Hi all - I got a Burberry Crombrook trench (all cotton) over a year ago on sale, and never seemed to find the right time to put it on (the weather went from way too cold to way too hot!). I'm now pulling it out of my closet and, horrors, when it's buttoned up it's a little bunch in the back, and a little tight when I move my arms. It looks great un-bottoned, and not too bad from the from when partially buttoned. It looks especially "meh" in the back when belted.

Anyone have any experience with this coat? Will the cotton loosen over time? Should I give up and try and sell? Take off the tags, enjoy it if I can, and if I want to get rid of it just sell it used down the line?

Thanks for any insight! =)

Johnpauliegal

Nov 4, 2013
New York, USA
Hi all - I got a Burberry Crombrook trench (all cotton) over a year ago on sale, and never seemed to find the right time to put it on (the weather went from way too cold to way too hot!). I'm now pulling it out of my closet and, horrors, when it's buttoned up it's a little bunch in the back, and a little tight when I move my arms. It looks great un-bottoned, and not too bad from the from when partially buttoned. It looks especially "meh" in the back when belted.

Anyone have any experience with this coat? Will the cotton loosen over time? Should I give up and try and sell? Take off the tags, enjoy it if I can, and if I want to get rid of it just sell it used down the line?

Thanks for any insight! =)
Hi penny pie, sorry your new trench doesn't fit. Many times I would buy something and put it in the closet; however when it comes to clothing I would try it on first; and then return it. Unfortunately when it comes to final sales these items can't be returned. I bought a Burberry Dalesmoores Cashmere Coat from Saks a few weeks ago. It was a final sale and it doesn't fit so I will probably try to sell it.
Now regarding your coat; I doubt very much that it will stretch; so I would keep the tags on it to get a better price.

On a happier note; I have a few designer coats that don't fit properly so I would wear them open with a sweater (or something) underneath and wear a scarf and let it hang down. :smile:
Good luck. :smile:

Last edited: