never worn high heels

pseub said:
Oh divina, those shoes are to die for. If only I had someplace to wear them!!!

i know
i am going to buy these now:
NMX8826_mp.jpg

it is suede, i already have them in blak suede.
i love them, i wear them even to go and walk, i sometimes wear them at university.
but that's me, i am a bit eccentric :shame:

pursedoc said:
WOW, they are beautiful! i run and have sort of big calves as a result- think they would look ridiculous on me?
try mules or sandals (for warmer temps of course:P ) with a short or a kitten heel then maybe like these:

169738_fpx.tif

E0440939682630_v1_m56577569831191823.jpg

I LOVE these:
E0403231728635_v1_m56577569831172206.jpg

I have worn high heels the past 7 years religiously (and I have the damage to prove it!) and I have to say that Manolos are the most comfortable. I ADORE Jimmy Choos but they are not nearly as comfortable as MAnolos. Stuart Weitzman's shoes are also pretty comfortable (and slightly more affordable than Manolos).

I would say go with a stacked heel or wedge first and ease your way into it if the spiky heels are too intimidating at first. It takes practice - I can do 5" but I don't especially recommend it!

I wouldn't recommend mules starting out. They're IMO tougher to walk in, and less stable than a shoe with a back. Also, I find that having to grip with my toes to keep the shoes on also makes my legs get tired and sometimes causes my back to spasm. I love the way they look, but for comfort stick with shoes that have a back or strap.

I can't really contribute too much to this conversation since I wear mostly flats. I have three pairs of shoes that have heels, and the most comfortable are the ones with the tallest heel, about 3"...a pair of boots from Isaac. I think the Manolos look great, but they kind of scare me (in terms of the heels...I love Manolo flats).

It took a long time for me to be comfortable enough to be seen in heels. I'm already tall as it is (5'8") so heels made me feel too tall. Now that I married into a TALL family (I'm the shortest), I am comfortable enough with my height to wear tall shoes.

SuLi said:
I can't really contribute too much to this conversation since I wear mostly flats. I have three pairs of shoes that have heels, and the most comfortable are the ones with the tallest heel, about 3"...a pair of boots from Isaac. I think the Manolos look great, but they kind of scare me (in terms of the heels...I love Manolo flats).

believe me, they are fantastic.
by the way, i am a lover of flats too!!!!
and i think it is more difficult to walk well with flats than with heels, because heels give you a posture, with flats you have to be careful not to seem a duck :lol:
if you like flats, you probably like ballerinas. if this is so, check out www.frenchsole.com :amuse:

For heel comfort, go with something that has kind of a bendable sole at first--in other words, something that is not rigid or wood based. I also would stay under 3 inches for awhile. Platforms are great for comfort, as well as anything wedge-heeled. I also prefer to not have a very pointy toed style, especially the higher the heel you go--your toes can kind of get crammed up in the front. Go and try them all on in the late afternoon or evening, when your feet are at their biggest.

I used to wear heels all the time.. until I met my fiancé.. He is only like 1/3 inch taller than me (I'm 5'9).. I know that shouldn't stop me, but sometimes it does.. I'm thinking I'll be wearing some hot Manolos for work when I start working :biggrin:

Swedie said:
I used to wear heels all the time.. until I met my fiancé.. He is only like 1/3 inch taller than me (I'm 5'9).. I know that shouldn't stop me, but sometimes it does.. I'm thinking I'll be wearing some hot Manolos for work when I start working :biggrin:

be aware!! manolo is like a drug, the more you get the more you want :nuts:

divina_lucilla said:
believe me, they are fantastic.
by the way, i am a lover of flats too!!!!
and i think it is more difficult to walk well with flats than with heels, because heels give you a posture, with flats you have to be careful not to seem a duck :lol:
if you like flats, you probably like ballerinas. if this is so, check out www.frenchsole.com :amuse:

I love French Sole....they are soooo comfy.