never worn high heels

Jan 2, 2006
pseub said:
Oh divina, those shoes are to die for. If only I had someplace to wear them!!!
i know
i am going to buy these now:

it is suede, i already have them in blak suede.
i love them, i wear them even to go and walk, i sometimes wear them at university.
but that's me, i am a bit eccentric :shame:

peacocky

Flaunt your Fringe
Dec 7, 2005
pursedoc said:
WOW, they are beautiful! i run and have sort of big calves as a result- think they would look ridiculous on me?
try mules or sandals (for warmer temps of course:P ) with a short or a kitten heel then maybe like these:

I LOVE these:

FendiBagLady

Sep 27, 2005
New York City
I have worn high heels the past 7 years religiously (and I have the damage to prove it!) and I have to say that Manolos are the most comfortable. I ADORE Jimmy Choos but they are not nearly as comfortable as MAnolos. Stuart Weitzman's shoes are also pretty comfortable (and slightly more affordable than Manolos).

I would say go with a stacked heel or wedge first and ease your way into it if the spiky heels are too intimidating at first. It takes practice - I can do 5" but I don't especially recommend it!

pseub

Bonne vivante
O.G.
Oct 24, 2005
Los Angeles
www.unefemme.net
I wouldn't recommend mules starting out. They're IMO tougher to walk in, and less stable than a shoe with a back. Also, I find that having to grip with my toes to keep the shoes on also makes my legs get tired and sometimes causes my back to spasm. I love the way they look, but for comfort stick with shoes that have a back or strap.

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
I can't really contribute too much to this conversation since I wear mostly flats. I have three pairs of shoes that have heels, and the most comfortable are the ones with the tallest heel, about 3"...a pair of boots from Isaac. I think the Manolos look great, but they kind of scare me (in terms of the heels...I love Manolo flats).

peacocky

Flaunt your Fringe
Dec 7, 2005
It took a long time for me to be comfortable enough to be seen in heels. I'm already tall as it is (5'8") so heels made me feel too tall. Now that I married into a TALL family (I'm the shortest), I am comfortable enough with my height to wear tall shoes.

Jan 2, 2006
SuLi said:
I can't really contribute too much to this conversation since I wear mostly flats. I have three pairs of shoes that have heels, and the most comfortable are the ones with the tallest heel, about 3"...a pair of boots from Isaac. I think the Manolos look great, but they kind of scare me (in terms of the heels...I love Manolo flats).
believe me, they are fantastic.
by the way, i am a lover of flats too!!!!
and i think it is more difficult to walk well with flats than with heels, because heels give you a posture, with flats you have to be careful not to seem a duck :lol:
if you like flats, you probably like ballerinas. if this is so, check out www.frenchsole.com :amuse:

fashionfrenzy

Sep 28, 2005
For heel comfort, go with something that has kind of a bendable sole at first--in other words, something that is not rigid or wood based. I also would stay under 3 inches for awhile. Platforms are great for comfort, as well as anything wedge-heeled. I also prefer to not have a very pointy toed style, especially the higher the heel you go--your toes can kind of get crammed up in the front. Go and try them all on in the late afternoon or evening, when your feet are at their biggest.

peacocky

Flaunt your Fringe
Dec 7, 2005
good point fashionfrenzy, about the wood soles. Wood soled shoes suck. They are not comfortable, and they made loud noises when you walk.

Swedie

Us bound
I used to wear heels all the time.. until I met my fiancé.. He is only like 1/3 inch taller than me (I'm 5'9).. I know that shouldn't stop me, but sometimes it does.. I'm thinking I'll be wearing some hot Manolos for work when I start working :biggrin:

Jan 2, 2006
Swedie said:
I used to wear heels all the time.. until I met my fiancé.. He is only like 1/3 inch taller than me (I'm 5'9).. I know that shouldn't stop me, but sometimes it does.. I'm thinking I'll be wearing some hot Manolos for work when I start working :biggrin:
be aware!! manolo is like a drug, the more you get the more you want :nuts:

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
divina_lucilla said:
believe me, they are fantastic.
by the way, i am a lover of flats too!!!!
and i think it is more difficult to walk well with flats than with heels, because heels give you a posture, with flats you have to be careful not to seem a duck :lol:
if you like flats, you probably like ballerinas. if this is so, check out www.frenchsole.com :amuse:
I love French Sole....they are soooo comfy.