NEVER thought I'd part with some LVs.....

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
My 50th bday is coming up. I own over 30 Vuitton bags (stopped counting!) and they really take up a lot of space. Many I do not or never have carried. So...... I went thru all of them to decide which to give away or sell to Yoogis. I made some shocking discoveries while examining my bags that I wanted to share. We often read here how quality has gone down. Until you actually physically examine bags, you have no idea how poorly made the new ones are. I have to keep two of my oldest vuittons for the main reason of how luxiorious and the high quality of construction - the black denim neocabby (lining in particular) and manhattan PM are night and day compared to my current vuittons. I also really dislike my oversized bags. Loved them when I boought them (delightful GM and trevi GM) What was I thinking? How in the world can one justify $3100 for empriente artsy? I have a navy one that is ridiculously heavy and embossing is so subtle that from a few feet away - one could never tell it is vuitton. So I am parting with about 5 bags to use funds for a tennis bracelet! I still have a cool collection (emp speedy, kusama speedy, pallas, metis, mono artsy and several neverfuls including ikat). Hoping my yoogis quotes will be good. Keeping fingers crossed. :smile:

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Best of luck! I know I need to do the same! My 40th birthday is at the end of the year and I want to mark it with a stellar bag, but I know I need to part with bags I never use. I am down to 18 LV bags plus 2 keepalls. I managed to sell 4 bags but there at least 5 more that need to go. I saw that you ordered the burgundy GST for your 50th! That is such a great bag!

Last edited:

spoiledwify

Feb 24, 2007
I have the same delema I have kita of bag that don't carry . How so you consigned it to yoogis? I want to try tvat route normally I sell it to my friends or co workers payment mind if you share the process? Thanjs

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
clu13 - Yes - my burgundy GST arrived and I love it. Truly shocked about Yoogis. Need to know what % they keep of price they sell Vuittons bag for. I'm really hoping 30% but sounds like that might not be true. :sad:

CornishMon

Be Blessed, MoNikki
Apr 30, 2014
Well first I want to say happy 50th! Then congratulations on parting with the items that do not work for you any longer. I myself did not receive my first LV until I was 43 and now thirteen LV's away I had to also take a look at my collection and let go of three bags. I too have also been thinking about the LV quality with all the problems they have had lately and the prices keep rising. Starting to think I need to be bag content but will that happen? Then I started to look at the Empreinte, Epi and Vernis bags but man the few I tried are heavy with nothing in them so I can't even imagine putting my things inside! And also spending 3000 on one bag I can't get over yet. My problem is I like variety so 3k per bag would not work. Right now I like the canvas bags Mono in particular but have all three prints. I guess it boils down to we can only carry so many bags!

I have sold to Yoogi's for the first time a few weeks ago. It was quite easy and painless. They actually paid me about 70% of what I paid. I did a direct sell but you can get a little more if you do consignment with them. I sent pictures - received a quote range - excepted quote and mailed my item - received final quote which was higher - excepted final and received a check all within a week and a half. I did however get a quote from fashionphile and cotoure USA which were lower. Some people say they can be higher so I would recommend receiving a quote from a few places then you have to decide whether you want to do a direct sell or consignment. I would sell to Yoogi's again I was very satisfied!

Good luck! And Happy 50th again!

Be Blessed MoNikki

slang

O.G.
Oct 26, 2008
True North Strong & Free!
I'm going through the same thing now too, I'm down sizing my collection.

A lot of the "older" bags I'm going to get rid of are leather lined or have that beautiful microfiber lining. All are MIF. I hope I don't regret selling those bags off since the quality may not be there if I try and replace them.

The one bag I can't get rid if though is my Trevi GM, I just love that bag too much!

GL & Happy Birthday!

Ble

Oct 5, 2013
Happy birthday to you and congratulations on the Chanel! That is one beautiful bag. Good luck on thinning out your collection!

Rbamba

Jun 1, 2014
My 50th bday is coming up. I own over 30 Vuitton bags (stopped counting!) and they really take up a lot of space. Many I do not or never have carried. So...... I went thru all of them to decide which to give away or sell to Yoogis. I made some shocking discoveries while examining my bags that I wanted to share. We often read here how quality has gone down. Until you actually physically examine bags, you have no idea how poorly made the new ones are. I have to keep two of my oldest vuittons for the main reason of how luxiorious and the high quality of construction - the black denim neocabby (lining in particular) and manhattan PM are night and day compared to my current vuittons. I also really dislike my oversized bags. Loved them when I boought them (delightful GM and trevi GM) What was I thinking? How in the world can one justify $3100 for empriente artsy? I have a navy one that is ridiculously heavy and embossing is so subtle that from a few feet away - one could never tell it is vuitton. So I am parting with about 5 bags to use funds for a tennis bracelet! I still have a cool collection (emp speedy, kusama speedy, pallas, metis, mono artsy and several neverfuls including ikat). Hoping my yoogis quotes will be good. Keeping fingers crossed. :smile:
Happy 50th!

Good decision - I love jewelry (perhaps more than I love handbags :smile:) Can you tell me more about the a Pallas? Does it slouch with age? Does it need to be babied? Thanks

Reactions: Addicted to bags

NWGal

May 25, 2012
Oregon
Check with Sabina's closet on facebook. You may get more there! Good luck!

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
slang - I love the Trevi GM too. But so heavy. And I hope it gets a good price quote. Otherwise, I will keep it.
Rbamba - I haven't used my pallas yet. But it is a beauty.

Banuuie

May 27, 2014
I love reading threads about women with more experience sharing their shopping regrets. Even though I'm 23, I have acquired some bags that I already regret. So I try mainly stick to the classics while also researching to make sure I'm paying for quality, not just a brand name. I don't like parting with accessories and bags, so Im trying my hardest to make sure all my purchases are something I could use when I'm older and in the career path I'm headed towards.

Happy birthday!!