Never in a million years....a surprising change of mind and heart!

LV mommy

Apr 8, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm slowly building my collection and love reading and seeing all the pics here! I was wondering if any of you have bee surprised by some LV items.

By that I mean, on the website or catalogue an item never catches your eye but when you see it in person at the boutique or carried by someone IRL you all of a sudden love it;)

Thanks in advance! I'm hoping this thread will open my eyes to other LV lovelies I would have never considered:smile:

LOL That happened to me today! I said I'd never get the Eva (thought it was way too common, worried the strap was going to be too long for me, etc. etc.), but after my SA made me try it on I was like :tender:

I also never liked the Trevi until it eventually got to me. Then I became obsessed. Now it's one of my most treasured bags.

Have fun building your collection! You'll find that it's quite hard to stop :giggles:

I did not think I would ever want a speedy. Then I saw Speedy B Empreinte at the Boutique. The SA let me play with it and showed me all the different strap combos. I was smitten. It oozes luxurious decadence yet is hideously useable and practical to boot. I forgot about the Hermes I was coveting and signed straight on the line with Vuitton. Go Louis!

I was exactly like that with the Damier Ebene pattern. I never really cared for it (at all) until recently. Now I'm obsessed! I've since added a couple of bags, and several SLG's to my collection since the end of April.

LOL That happened to me today! I said I'd never get the Eva (thought it was way too common, worried the strap was going to be too long for me, etc. etc.), but after my SA made me try it on I was like :tender:

I also never liked the Trevi until it eventually got to me. Then I became obsessed. Now it's one of my most treasured bags.

Have fun building your collection! You'll find that it's quite hard to stop :giggles:

Yes, That happened to me today, I never thought Trevi can be this beautiful~! They are discontinuing this line btw, I almost bought it with the bag charm today!

Hi everyone,

I'm slowly building my collection and love reading and seeing all the pics here! I was wondering if any of you have bee surprised by some LV items.

By that I mean, on the website or catalogue an item never catches your eye but when you see it in person at the boutique or carried by someone IRL you all of a sudden love it;)

Thanks in advance! I'm hoping this thread will open my eyes to other LV lovelies I would have never considered:smile:

This is the story of my life :P I used to hate the Damier print. It reminded me of my Grandma's tablecloth. But now I love it. Didn't think I would like the Speedy Bs but now can't get enough...It's a sickness!

Last edited:
I felt that way about the Delightful when it first came out. My SA showed it to me but I was not in love and ended up purchasing another bag. Then in April this year I saw a lady in my Dentist office with one and immediately loved it. Of course I went to purchase and it is one of my favorite bags in my collection today!

Have fun building your collection! This forum can be quite helpful with that. And yes LV buying is quite addictive!

Be Blessed MoNikki

Yes, I've definitely had a change of heart recently on a few items that I've never thought twice about- noe and alma (such iconic LV). I don't see a lot of the noe carried around but I see a few almas and although I didn't care much about them before, I've all of a sudden seen them in a different light and now love the look of them. Same with the monogram. Having started with more "subtle" LVs, I've grown to appreciate the beauty of the classic canvas monogram and maybe I'll get to own one of these some day. I do think our tastes evolve over time.

Good luck with your growing collection!

Neverfull (have 3 now!) and Totally........ Totally always looked like aka diaper bag in pics but once I tried it on it looked like a purse on me (practical & elegant) and I bought on the spot :smile:

Omg!! You ladies are killing me with your posts!! Each time I read a comment I go on the LV site and find a new bag to add to my wish list;) never thought I would be stalking bags!

Last edited:
My most recent change of heart was about a Speedy. It's not that I ever disliked the Speedy, but a couple of weeks ago, I saw gatchie's picture in the Bag Charm Club and adored the Speedy 25!

I thought it was so funny that a bag I have seen hundreds of times before jumped off the screen at me. Maybe it was because I already own the Insolence bag charm that gatchie shows on her bag, but I knew that I finally wanted a more "classic" Speedy.

Here is the link to gatchie's picture that prompted my purchase:

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1572843

Recently, my husband gave me a DE Speedy 25, and I carried it for the first time yesterday! I have nicknamed the bag "The Sweetie." :speedy:

The DE Speedy 25 is my first "classic" Speedy and my first DE handbag!

And I have gatchie to thank for this acquisition, so "Takk, gatchie!" (I hope that is the formal translation of "Thank you, gatchie!" into a Norwegian dialect. If I (and Google translator) have erred, I sincerely apologize!) :smile: