Never ending Glamour magazine subscription

Yes. InStyle comes to my mailbox. I never ordered it. I thought one of the online stores I buy from sent it to me. But I don't know. :shrugs:

My Mom keeps me in Better Homes and Gardens subscriptions, but she tells me she renews it every year because it's free.

We also get magazines, too. We usually get "More", "Time" and "Better homes." I think my parents must've signed up for them last year, because my niece had a fundraiser for it. But we haven't received a renewal notice in awhile, and yet these magazines keep coming. I usually keep the Better Homes but the other two, either my dad reads them or it ends up in the trash.

Yes. InStyle comes to my mailbox. I never ordered it. I thought one of the online stores I buy from sent it to me. But I don't know. :shrugs:

My Mom keeps me in Better Homes and Gardens subscriptions, but she tells me she renews it every year because it's free.
Lucky!! I wish I got InStyle for free!

We also get magazines, too. We usually get "More", "Time" and "Better homes." I think my parents must've signed up for them last year, because my niece had a fundraiser for it. But we haven't received a renewal notice in awhile, and yet these magazines keep coming. I usually keep the Better Homes but the other two, either my dad reads them or it ends up in the trash.

I know, I feel bad throwing them away so I keep them in a basket in the corner and they collect dust :sad:

My husband keeps getting Maxim, to which he has never subscribed. I somehow got on the Us magazine list and got that trashy tabloid for months. Weirdly, the magazines to which I actually do subscribe-- Smithsonian, Food&Wine, The New Yorker, Equus-- are much less reliable.

It's a marketing ploy. Magazines are most certainly going to die in the next few years, so they get your name, email address, and address through subsidiary channels, send you a bunch of stuff for free, and then after 6 months or so, inform you that you can "renew" your subscription for a low, low price.

That's a really long time. For about 6 months I've been receiving Entertainment Weekly and Rolling Stone--neither of which I ever subscribed to or care to. Now I'm getting People also. No idea what's going on. All my family say they haven't done it as a gift so I'm puzzled.

Other explanations I've found include accidentally signing up for a free year's subscription when you subscribe to mailing lists, register accounts at websites, install certain programs, etc. Eventually they'll send you a renewal form, or, in the worst case scenario, a bill stating that you subscribed and didn't tell them to stop after the trial's over.

Yes! I have been getting Parents magazines for about a year now. Lol, I don't have any children and a bill has never shown up.

Did you get married or engaged within the last year? Or look up anything at all related to children or parenting? Or perhaps a friend may have used your computer to look something up?

It's not just what you shop online, it's also what you buy in person. Buy a children's book for a friend's kid and suddenly you'll be finding parenting magazines and ads streaming to your mailbox. It's really scary how every little thing you do is tracked and monitored by big corporations for the specific purpose of getting you to buy things.

I used to get Blender in the mail, until it folded as a paper magazine (it's still online). After that they sent me Maxim until my - paid for - subscription ran out.

I regularly get Vanity Fair (renewal of the subscription is an ongoing Christmas present). I never got an issue, but I did get perscription forms for the New Yorker and Bon Appetit.

(Bon Appetit came with a free fridge magnet listing measurements and conversions. I didn't keep the form, but I kept the magnet.)