Never been a fan of the Speedy, however now I really want one!

Dec 30, 2008
It's the strangest thing. All of a sudden I find myself wanting a Speedy. I have never even tried one on at the boutique before, because I was just not interested. So I finger myself with two dilemmas. 1. Which size? 2. Which color? I'm thinking as far as size, I'll need to actually go to the boutique and try on the 25 (I'm thinking I'd like this size) or thr 30. I'm also a bit partial to DE, since I don't have to worry about vachetta. However, I'm also kind of thinking about the DA since i don't have a bag in that print. If you all have pics of your speedy's, I'd appreciate it!

It's the strangest thing. All of a sudden I find myself wanting a Speedy. I have never even tried one on at the boutique before, because I was just not interested. So I finger myself with two dilemmas. 1. Which size? 2. Which color? I'm thinking as far as size, I'll need to actually go to the boutique and try on the 25 (I'm thinking I'd like this size) or thr 30. I'm also a bit partial to DE, since I don't have to worry about vachetta. However, I'm also kind of thinking about the DA since i don't have a bag in that print. If you all have pics of your speedy's, I'd appreciate it!
I love the speedy!
Cool and practical bag . I got in size 30 b in Monogram .
I think size 30 is a between size not too small and not too big. Good for town , work and travel
Personally, I’m not a fan of the DE.
Try them out to n the store then decide .

Definitely go with 30. I was using mine yesterday after years of being in the closet. You also have the Bandouliere version, this is with the strap.

Print wise, my world tour is another option. Mono print with black handles.

Reactions: MooMooVT
This happened to me, I used to think they looked so weird and strange but then all of a sudden I held one and really liked it.

I went for for d.e in 30
25 felt a bit small and 30 was great for me because I’d never have to worry about it not having enough room I didn’t purchase the speedy for it to be a small mini bag so it depends on what you carry. People keep their speedys for years so that’s what made me want to get one it will be a forever bag that I can enjoy for everyday without worrying about it too much

You won’t regret your speedy just watch a lot of YouTube videos and the pictures on this forum are great

I have 25s Bs(mono and empreinte) and a WT which is only available in 30. The 30 is big enough but not too big and use it more than my others. I keep my NF pochette flat against the bottom to aide in a bit of structure but also like the sag. If you are worried about vachetta maybe consider the WT. the Noir rolled handles and piping just make me :biggrin:

So I've seen some pictures where the bag has a really bad sag, to the point where it jslust looks long and skinny. Is there any way to prevent this?

That‘s the „problem“ of the Speedy!!
If you don’t like the sag ( like me!), you have to put a base shaper on the bottom. But then the bottom is very stiff and the Speedy loses it‘s „character“. It‘s the reason why I don’t wear no more Speedy!

That‘s the „problem“ of the Speedy!!
If you don’t like the sag ( like me!), you have to put a base shaper on the bottom. But then the bottom is very stiff and the Speedy loses it‘s „character“. It‘s the reason why I don’t wear no more Speedy!
Don’t use a rigid base shaper, they make speedies look boxy and stupid. Use a soft organizer like a samorga. You still get a little sag but not so much sag it looks like you are carrying only one thing in your bag and it happens to be a wrench. I think speedies have to have some sag to look chic. Otherwise they look like mailboxes.

This was me 2 years ago! I don’t have a boutique nearby, so after stalking tpf, youtube, & ig for pics & reviews, I decided that the 25 in monogram was for me, but not brand new. I’m not a fan of virgin vachetta or of being overly obsessive with my bags. So off to ebay where I finally found a vintage 25 from Japan. It was inexpensive at about $300, no sag, deep honey patina, and in perfect condition without stains, smells, or canvas wear. It came as described in the listing, and I gave it a good cleaning just for my own peace of mind. I have used it nearly everyday and love it! This might be an option for you if you’re on the fence.

Being new to the LV world and not knowing, I purchased the speedy 25 in DE; it came flat as a pancake; creases galore. I was horrified. But I came here and was told that’s how they are stored and the creases will soon disappear. Kept my speedy aside and stuffed it with soft clothing. About a month later most creases disappeared.

It’s a beautiful bag, and was thinking about getting another one in the DE pattern (possibly a speedy 30 B); however I quiver over the fact I will be receiving it the same way, so am holding off. :biggrin:

Still haven’t gotten over my shock of how I got it. :lol:

Here she is.
02891FC7-E88E-4EAA-8821-0034FD24201C.jpeg