Neutral red - pls make suggestions

anon00

Jan 7, 2009
Hi,

I am looking for some suggestions as to a red colour that you will consider neutral. I have searched many threads and seen mention of rouge H, rouge Garrance, rouge VIF etc... and my mind is whirling. :nogood: I will be going in store tomorrow to look at the lookbook so any help in narrowing down the choices would be greatly appreciated. I am really looking for something neutral as a backup option to my 1st choice of raisin.

Basically, it will be a birkin, 35cm with preferably phw although I somehow think that red might look better with ghw. :rolleyes: I normally wear black, grey, white, pink, purple, red and blue jeans. I do wear the occassional blue/greenish-blue but seldom wear any browns.

Thanks!!! :smile:

Rouge Garrance Clemence, without a doubt.

After extensive comparison, I'm convinced that this is the most neutral red that can still be considered red.

Rouge Garrance in Togo is verrrrry close, so IMO they can be almost interchangeable.

Maybe also ask to see a swatch in Prune - very dark red - see littleblackbag's new Evelyne - it's a wonderful dark neutral and would look great with all those colours you listed. For a definite red shade, I would probably go for rouge H but it does vary quite a bit according to the leather so you would need to see a sample.