Neutral feedback and Paypal holds?

tallymia

O.G.
Sep 20, 2008
I just sold the bag and a buyer left me a neutral feedback. :crybaby: She changed her mind, didn't like the bag and wanted to return it. In my listing I stated "no returns", and told her that I'm sorry, but it's not a good enough reson to accept a return. Anyway, she left neutral feedback and said I give "bad customer service". So what happends to my Paypal funds??? I know they should be released after the bag is delivered or buyer leaves positive feedback, but what about in my situation?? Do I have to wait 21 days?

What a horrible buyer that one is...I really don't know what the deal is with holds and releasing funds with neutral FB. So sorry this happened to you. The only thing you can do is follow up to the neutral FB she left for you and tell the real story. Do not, however, try to leave "negative" positive FB for her, because buyers can no loger receive neg or neutrals anymore -- how crazy is that??? If you did that, she can just ask ebay to remove it but it would still count as a positive to her overall FB score. Ebay needs to fix this - it is so one-sided and unfair to sellers. LEaves it wide open to people with buyers remorse (like you buyer) to just do wahtever they want: I.e. buy, change mind, and then return or threaten to leave bad FB if you don't accept their return.

^^In a series of bad changes that *Bay has made, this is, IMO, one of the worst. I understand that they're trying to get buyers to respond honestly without the fear of retaliatory feedback, but come on!!! This has had two horrible effects:

1. Buyers feel that they can now bully sellers because they have no worries about receiving a negative themselves; and
2. There are legitimate reasons why negative feedback could be left for a buyer, and now sellers are incapable of doing so.

*Bay needs to fix this policy ASAP. :yes:

I'm not that familiar with PayPal's hold policy though I do remember reading that your money is supposed to be released when you either get positive feedback OR by showing online delivery confirmation OR in 21 days. So if you have online delivery confirmation, I would show that to Paypal and not focus on the feedback.

Paypal put the 21 day hold on my item that sold last week. It was delivered on Thursday. Since the buyer didn't leave any feedback, I called Paypal yesterday (3 days after delivery) and they removed the hold immediately after checking the status of the delivery. Maybe a phone call from you will remove the hold despite the neutral feedback.

I feel really bad for you, some people are just difficult to deal with and they don't realise that what they do affects you.You should get the hold lifted if you have delivery confirmation, they will lift it 3 days after. I had to call up to get my hold removed.

I had to call up for the two last items I sold and if I have to do it every time I sell something it's a joke. It completely puts me off, first have to get money from buyer then from a third party and wait in a phone queue for 10-20 mins.
I think we as sellers are a bit mental to pay to be treated so badly as without sellers ebay wouldn't exist at all.

Yup. If you call PayFoe and give them the tracking number from the DelConf or SigConf showing the bag was delivered, you should have your money in a day or two.

OK, just thought I'll update you guys: I called Paypal, and they didn't care about neutral feedback. They just checked the delivery confirmation and I had my fund immediately! :yahoo:
Although, its kind of weird that I have to call to get my money... I think they'll be wasting more money on labor to answer those phone calls from everyone... so whats the point?