Netural Feedback left by seller yet no contact made :(

**shoelover**

Over the Rainbow
O.G.
Aug 19, 2008
THE TWILLY IS NOT NEW as DESCRIBED! Tags taken off. Crinkled. Needs drycleaning!

Netural feedback left for me :sad: yet...

The twilly was brand new item only with the store tag taken off which was clear in the pics.
It was evident in the pictures that it was crinkled and needed an iron going over it.

The item was sold on the 31st March. I emailed the buyer to say please feedback. I assumed all was well considering the buyer didn't get in contact. Fast forward 6 wks on I've recieved netural feedback. It's totally uncalled for considering i've sold other high end goods and never has this issue before.

Any tips or advice to remove the comment?

Thank you for your help.

My first advice would be to never, ever email the buyer and ASK for feedback. Buyers get so many emails and reminders from eBay regarding a purchase in general that many get annoyed when the seller asks for feedback on top of that.

Many people (myself included) consider an item "used" once the tags are removed. Did you have the item described as "new " OR "new without tags?" If you had it desribed as "new", I strongly suggest in the future you do not list an item with tags removed as "new". You're setting yourself up for SNAD, in my opinion.

Is your buyer new? The only other thing I suggest is to message them and very kindly and politely tell them you're sorry they are not happy, but feel the item was represented properly in the photos. Explain how damaging neutral FB is (now that it counts as a DEFECT) and ask if they would kindly consider revising.

Now - I don't know if that removes the "defect", AND - it sounds like she could have trashed your stars as well.

In that case, I'd report her.

what exactly did her feedback say? Me personally as a buyer I would have emailed you first to let you know I wasnt happy. I would then expect our communication to be done through eBay and if you were able to resolve the issue then I would proceed with my feedback. Like the other poster said if the buyer was new this may make a difference. As a seller however, I let eBay do the work of asking buyers to leave feedback because they know they need to leave feedback because eBay reminds them and they have it listed on their main log in page. I would reach out to the buyer via eBay and address any concerns she may have, if you're able to resolve you can also ask her to edit her feedback, as I have done this before for a seller who was able to resolve my issues after I left feedback

Many people (myself included) consider an item "used" once the tags are removed. Did you have the item described as "new " OR "new without tags?" If you had it desribed as "new", I strongly suggest in the future you do not list an item with tags removed as "new". You're setting yourself up for SNAD, in my opinion.
I have to disagree with this.

Many manufacturers don't attach tags so a detached tag, tag in pocket or in compartment doesn't necessarily equate to used.

However if the tag is normally attached (or even if it's not), it wouldn't hurt to include in your description something to the effect of, "although this item is new and includes the tag, the tag is not attached to the bag." If applicable, you can add that it came that way or that the company doesn't attach tags.

Buyers don't like surprises and if there's anything that should be disclosed or explained, doing so ahead of time will at least cover yourself.

I have to disagree with this.

Many manufacturers don't attach tags so a detached tag, tag in pocket or in compartment doesn't necessarily equate to used.

However if the tag is normally attached (or even if it's not), it wouldn't hurt to include in your description something to the effect of, "although this item is new and includes the tag, the tag is not attached to the bag." If applicable, you can add that it came that way or that the company doesn't attach tags.

Buyers don't like surprises and if there's anything that should be disclosed or explained, doing so ahead of time will at least cover yourself.

Point taken - and to be truthful, I don't know if this particular item has the tag attached when it's new or if it is sold with a loose tag.

Because I primarily sell items where "new" means having the tag attached, I can tell you that NWOT means the item better be in completely pristine condition, ie: no wrinkles, smells, nothing - or you are setting yourself up for SNAD. Not that I necessarily agree 100% with that - but that's the environment eBay has created.

I do think though, that if the twilly does in fact come with the tag attached and it is no longer attached, it cannot be listed as "new". As a seller, you are not losing much by listing such an item as "excellent pre-owned" with a complete description.

Just my .02 of course ;)

Point taken - and to be truthful, I don't know if this particular item has the tag attached when it's new or if it is sold with a loose tag.

Because I primarily sell items where "new" means having the tag attached, I can tell you that NWOT means the item better be in completely pristine condition, ie: no wrinkles, smells, nothing - or you are setting yourself up for SNAD. Not that I necessarily agree 100% with that - but that's the environment eBay has created.

I do think though, that if the twilly does in fact come with the tag attached and it is no longer attached, it cannot be listed as "new". As a seller, you are not losing much by listing such an item as "excellent pre-owned" with a complete description.

Just my .02 of course ;)

An hermes twilly does not have a tag, even if it's new. Most hermes items do not have any tags, I think none has tags in my part of the world. Assuming it's an hermes twilly in this case of course:smile:.

If I have a brand new item with no tag I wont list it as pre-owned.

An hermes twilly does not have a tag, even if it's new. Most hermes items do not have any tags, I think none has tags in my part of the world. Assuming it's an hermes twilly in this case of course:smile:.

If I have a brand new item with no tag I wont list it as pre-owned.

That's natural for items where the tag is not attached to begin with, as it sounds like in this case.

To clarify - I am speaking for items where the tag is "normally" attached - ie clothing and some accessory items. I don't own any Hermes, so thank you for that info (and no I am not being snarky - I'm sincere).

As someone who deals in RTW items where (the tag would normally be attached) and sellers get neg'd or neut'd for items arriving wrinkled - I don't take that chance. :smile:

That's natural for items where the tag is not attached to begin with, as it sounds like in this case.

To clarify - I am speaking for items where the tag is "normally" attached - ie clothing and some accessory items. I don't own any Hermes, so thank you for that info (and no I am not being snarky - I'm sincere).

As someone who deals in RTW items where (the tag would normally be attached) and sellers get neg'd or neut'd for items arriving wrinkled - I don't take that chance. :smile:

I agree when it comes to RTW and tags are normally attached. I would list new without tag in that case if it was still unworn.

No snarkiness detected, promise:smile:.

My first advice would be to never, ever email the buyer and ASK for feedback. Buyers get so many emails and reminders from eBay regarding a purchase in general that many get annoyed when the seller asks for feedback on top of that.

Is your buyer new? The only other thing I suggest is to message them and very kindly and politely tell them you're sorry they are not happy, but feel the item was represented properly in the photos. Explain how damaging neutral FB is (now that it counts as a DEFECT) and ask if they would kindly consider revising.

Now - I don't know if that removes the "defect", AND - it sounds like she could have trashed your stars as well.

In that case, I'd report her.

Defect will stay, even if the buyer agrees to revise the feedback. The only time the defect will be removed, if ebay removes the entire feedback. I do not know what exactly the feedback states, so I don't know if it would qualify for the removal.

Defect will stay, even if the buyer agrees to revise the feedback. The only time the defect will be removed, if ebay removes the entire feedback. I do not know what exactly the feedback states, so I don't know if it would qualify for the removal.
I'm not sure about Neutral feedback but I have left negative feedback and seller was nice enough to correct their wrong and they had to request for me to edit my feedback to positive and it didn't effect their stat and months later the feedback still shows as positive. But that was for negative so could be different for neutral?

I'm not sure about Neutral feedback but I have left negative feedback and seller was nice enough to correct their wrong and they had to request for me to edit my feedback to positive and it didn't effect their stat and months later the feedback still shows as positive. But that was for negative so could be different for neutral?

The new rules effective August, but they are counting three months prior or a year prior depending on the number of transactions.
With the new rules, each neutral or negative feedback = defect. Even if it is revised to a positive, defect will stay.

Below is the comment left by the buyer.

THE TWILLY IS NOT NEW as DESCRIBED! Tags taken off. Crinkled. Needs drycleaning!

The buyer is an experience buyer and seller with over 1300+ feedback.

My title started with : Hermes twilly Graffti BNWT Blue, Rose, Purple.

Brand new with tags hermes graffiti Twilly. Though the hermes bar code tag wasn't attached to the twilly itself i was with the tags. I would have worked with the seller and make them happy even if it meant giving them a refund.
The pictures clearly showed a crinkle in the twilly when trying to create a bow, however my pictures where true to the twilly.

Sad that this has happended considering i've always had happy customers. :sad:

Below is the comment left by the buyer.

The buyer is an experience buyer and seller with over 1300+ feedback.

My title started with : Hermes twilly Graffti BNWT Blue, Rose, Purple.

Brand new with tags hermes graffiti Twilly. Though the hermes bar code tag wasn't attached to the twilly itself i was with the tags. I would have worked with the seller and make them happy even if it meant giving them a refund.
The pictures clearly showed a crinkle in the twilly when trying to create a bow, however my pictures where true to the twilly.

Sad that this has happended considering i've always had happy customers. :sad:

I cannot quite figure out which is the comment left by the buyer? You also say seller when you mean buyer, right?

So far as I know there are no tags with hermes twillys? You listed it BNWT but there is no tag attached to twillys.

comment left by the buyer THE TWILLY IS NOT NEW as DESCRIBED! Tags taken off. Crinkled. Needs drycleaning!

You also say seller when you mean buyer, right? = buyer

Twilly has a care tag which was attached. The tag is normally given which gives the colour code/name of the twilly etc.

I found your listing and think that you may be stuck with your neutral, unfortunately.

Your listing has so few details or explanations and the photos aren't very clear. I can see that there are wrinkles and perhaps the buyer should have seen that, too, but maybe some text addressing the wrinkles would have helped.