Netflix’s Tiger King

Am I the only person who didn't enjoy Tiger King? The first few episodes were kinda fun, but I got really turned off after that. Just trashy.

We did not enjoy it either. It was a bummer. So trashy, but, that being said, I could not look away and I had to see how it ended. But not because I enjoyed it. Honestly, the people were pretty much all disgusting, except for the guy who lost his legs, the one who lost their arm, and the campaign manager. Everyone else was a mess. Carole was not disgusting but she was completely nuts and ruthless. Which I respect but the way she laughed all the time, she completely creeped me out. And her husband, lawd help me.

I seriously have no idea what to think. Do I think Carole killed her husband? Probably. The only other option would be if he ran away with another woman in a foreign country (he seemed like a big time cheater to me), but wouldn't he have taken some of his money with him?

But, if I were a tiger, I'd rather be at Carole's "sanctuary" than at Joe's zoo. Hundreds of people who visited Big Cat Rescue prior to all of this have come forward and said that it seemed like a wonderful place for the cats, and no cub petting or anything else. They seemed well taken care of. At Joe's place, as a tiger, you will either be fed expired meat, or (as shown in the end), not eat at all for the day. The place looked like a concentration camp for tigers and I do believe he abused them from day one. It's also funny how he portrays himself as a saint for setting people up in a run down trailer with roaches and mice and occasionally feeding them expired meat....he could have just paid them a decent wage from the start and I'm pretty sure that Carole never paid her employees well either.

Doc Antle makes me sick. Gasing tigers to death all because they are too old to make him money? It was mentioned before but of course the man himself won't come out and speak the truth. He's obviously also into polygamy, it's funny how he tries to claim that each employee is a relative....just tell the truth. All of these people on this show try to brainwash their employees into thinking that it's ok to receive little to no pay and work all day and night, not cool. They all prey on weak people and he will never give those women the opportunity to save up enough to move out.

I hope that Joe does not get out of prison early for good behavior or anything and if Carole really killed someone (which it is looking like that), than she needs to go to prison as well. I worry about the mental health of Lauren--what on Earth is she thinking? Jeff doesn't have any money or legitimate skills except for conning people...and she just stands there while he disrespects her on camera, basically saying that he will sleep with the nanny, and this and that. She can't be in her right mind.

Well tell me what I am missing because I hear people rave about it and I found myself doing other things while watching. I think I don’t find the main male lead engaging.

Did you like Breaking Bad? So far I prefer Breaking Bad over Ozark (found BrBa to be more suspenseful and appreciated the bits of levity) but thematically I find them similar.

No offense, but I don't think you know how places like this work. I have a friend who works for the zoo here and she supports what Carole is doing and claims everything she knows about her is on the up and up. The show def painted her as shady and almost similar to Joe. She is nothing like him, nor is BCR like Joe's cat farm. Here's a post by someone who actually worked there. Maybe that will help illuminate how things actually work there.

I agree. I have been heard from multiple sources that those cats have a good life. I feel like they are well taken care of, and even staff members supposedly aren't really allowed to interact much with the animals---def no cub petting or anything like that. Sources (whether true or not, not sure) have said that most of those cats in her facility were taken from people who couldn't care for them properly in the first place or auctions where they were ultimately going to die (and Carole's place tried to give them a decent life.). You can't re-release them back into the wild because coming from places prior to Big Cat Rescue, these animals aren't going to know how to survive out there in the wild at all after all this.

Did she kill her husband? No idea, I don't know her personally. She very well could have, or she couldn't have. I don't know. I don't condone killing someone, if she did. But I do think that she tried to give those cats a decent life, and that when you are looking at ethical treatment of the animals--you probably can't even compare how she treated the cats vs. how Joe treated the cats.

Reactions: baghagg