Netflix’s Tiger King

Interesting interview, thanks for posting. I find Rick Kirkham to be as underhanded as the rest, he's hard to take ..
I think he sorta admitted as much in the interview. I think he feels bad about it now but was definitely deep in it back when he thought he would make money off it. Seems they were all a bunch of opportunist.

Reactions: baghagg
Just finished the series last night and WOW. It's a TRIP.

I don't feel bad for anyone involved. They all seriously gave me the creeps, some more so than others. Doc Antle and Jeff Lowe were the worst, IMO. Evil and coldness just emanated out of those two.

Almost every single person they filmed appeared to be nuts, and frankly this makes me never want to visit any type of small zoo or 'sanctuary.'

But man, what entertainment!

I don't feel bad for anyone involved. They all seriously gave me the creeps, some more so than others. Doc Antle and Jeff Lowe were the worst, IMO. Evil and coldness just emanated out of those two.

Almost every single person they filmed appeared to be nuts, and frankly this makes me never want to visit any type of small zoo or 'sanctuary.'

Good post. I agree!

Very well said!

Reactions: queennadine
I was reading today that the producers of the series are telling people not to feel bad for Joe, that he is not a nice guy.
They had to edit out of the series all his racist rants and there were many and not pretty. They took them out as they said they were not relative to the storyline.

I’ve also seen references to the audio played at his trial (that wasn’t shown in the series). Audio that shows he clearly tried to get Carole killed. Not sure why so many on social media think he’s a victim that needs to be freed??
I still can’t get out of my head those 2 poor gorillas shown at the end, in tiny cages that Joe said he kept them in for 10 years! I don’t feel sorry at all for Joe now stuck in his own small cage - karma!!!

Some interesting things I read about Joe and his 5 “husbands”
- His first husband Brian died of HIV
- His 2nd husband JC was a convicted child molester and now serving a life sentence for murder
- John Finley is actually the 3rd husband and said he left Joe before the series but came back after Joe told him he had cancer (he didn’t)

I was reading today that the producers of the series are telling people not to feel bad for Joe, that he is not a nice guy.
They had to edit out of the series all his racist rants and there were many and not pretty. They took them out as they said they were not relative to the storyline.

I’ve also seen references to the audio played at his trial (that wasn’t shown in the series). Audio that shows he clearly tried to get Carole killed. Not sure why so many on social media think he’s a victim that needs to be freed??
I still can’t get out of my head those 2 poor gorillas shown at the end, in tiny cages that Joe said he kept them in for 10 years! I don’t feel sorry at all for Joe now stuck in his own small cage - karma!!!

Totally agree; even if he didn't truly try to get Carole killed, he was at best a blatant and unapologetic misogynist, demonstrated by those aggressive and psychotic videos he used, and his effigies of her. He's hardly a "hero", he's the worst anyway.

Reactions: Winter’sJoy
Wow! See this is what I don’t understand. If you know you have some serious dirt, why be all on tv and in documentaries? She had to know her past was going to be dug up and examined. Maybe she feels she got away with it.
Carole thought she was being portrayed in a positive light. That's why she got involved. Apparently she was angry the show made her look so bad.

Her smirk and flowerchild persona didn't fool anyone though, no matter how they depicted her.