Net-a-Porter vs. The Outnet Prices?

Loubies89

Jun 12, 2014
Hi Ladies!
I've been eagerly watching a dress on Net-a-Porter, hoping that it would go down in price further. It's included in the additional 20% off sale. My size is still in stock. But I was informed that the price would not go down any further, and I read somewhere that the sale ends on February 2nd! At this point I assume it will go to The Outnet. Does anyone have any experience on whether it will be cheaper or more expensive there?

Thanks for all your input!

Hi Ladies!
I've been eagerly watching a dress on Net-a-Porter, hoping that it would go down in price further. It's included in the additional 20% off sale. My size is still in stock. But I was informed that the price would not go down any further, and I read somewhere that the sale ends on February 2nd! At this point I assume it will go to The Outnet. Does anyone have any experience on whether it will be cheaper or more expensive there?

Thanks for all your input!
no guarantee whatsoever it will go to the Outnet. Yoox/NAP Group may sell it elsewhere...if you want it I would grab it.

I agree. If you want it then get it.

Usually the last cut prices plus the extra 20% off at netaporter makes the prices as low as it will get for some items. I have seen items go up in price once they end up in The Outnet with prices coming down again only when they have their 30% off sales on Fridays or when they have yheir clearance sales. I have only seen better prices than those in Netaporter when The Outnet has their up to 85% off clearance sale which i think is one a year or maybe twice (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!). And even then discounts of 85% rarely include the better known brands.

I'd buy through net a porter. The outnet prices aren't that great, often higher than the NAP sale price and most things I've bought through them are obvious returns that are flawed in some way (not everything but most). Theoutnet was at its best in its first year or so, I stopped buying from them a while back.