Food Nespresso

mzmba

ShopAHolic
O.G.
Dec 12, 2007
I fell in love with the machine online...
We had a tassimo... but when the starbucks discs stopped... I fell out of love with it.

So I returned the tassimo and GOT this Nespresso Citiz with the frother.

I have only tried "nespresso" cup.. and I was not in love.

Who loves theirs?? Give me some tips.. My main beef with the one I made is that it was 1 TINY... I mean I know its like a shot of espresso.. but I made these in the tassimo.. and I swear it was more.

I have not used the frother yet. The only upside so far is that it looks smoking hot on the countertop. :biggrin:

So if you have one and love it.. please come tell me about it..

I love my nespresso! Definitely follow the instructions to reset to factory specs. Just to make sure it's pulling the right amount of water. I think Americans are used to bigger everything. I always need 2 pods to make my latte. Sometimes 3. 1 shot makes an 8 oz latte I think but I usually make a bigger cup. It does get expensive because the pods went up from $0.57 to over $.6 this month and they have a monopoly. I love it for iced coffee...just add water and milk and sugar syrup that I make.

I love my nespresso! Definitely follow the instructions to reset to factory specs. Just to make sure it's pulling the right amount of water. I think Americans are used to bigger everything. I always need 2 pods to make my latte. Sometimes 3. 1 shot makes an 8 oz latte I think but I usually make a bigger cup. It does get expensive because the pods went up from $0.57 to over $.6 this month and they have a monopoly. I love it for iced coffee...just add water and milk and sugar syrup that I make.

LOL okay.. so that's normal to use more than one.. (ok this is going to be expensive)...

I own a Latissima Plus and I love it. When I want something milder and more volume, I run a pod as lungo and then run the same pod again as espresso. When you do this, you can see there's still quite a bit of flavor that comes out during the second run. Also remember you can customize the amount of water by pressing on the button until the desired amount. :okay:

I have a Nespresso Le Cube and I looooooooove it! :love:

My dad has an awesome little "coffee room" in his house, and I was always entranced by the supercool looking Le Cube, (not to mention making espresso in under 1 minute.) Apparently, I went on about it so much, my fiancé bought me one for Christmas two years ago :lol:

The upside of a Nespresso: The coolest looking machines. They work great and make wonderful espresso. Add in a milk foamer (Keurig brand) I got this Christmas, and I don't even look at a Starbucks now. I can make worlds better espresso drinks using almond milk and my choice of sweetener.

The downside of Nespresso: Pain in the butt to order/get capsules since there are only two ways to procure them. I go to either the Soho or Madison cafe stores to get mine, as the only other option is mail order.

Overall: Worth every penny :smile:

I'm really curious about the CBTL coffee/espresso maker I see at Bed, Bath and Beyond. And speaking of Starbucks, they are also planning to release a combo coffee/espresso pod maker in the future. Sweet words to a coffee fiends ears :biggrin:

We have the D290 model and love love love it. I use the button for a double shot for my morning lattes and they are perfect. The ristretto capsule is my favorite (the strongest one).

I own a Latissima Plus and I love it. When I want something milder and more volume, I run a pod as lungo and then run the same pod again as espresso. When you do this, you can see there's still quite a bit of flavor that comes out during the second run. Also remember you can customize the amount of water by pressing on the button until the desired amount. :okay:

I do exactly the same thing!!!!

I have the Nespresso Citiz and I love it! I can't believe how smooth home 'coffee' can taste.

I make all my Nespresso drinks as "lungo" even if they are espresso pods.

The milk frother makes amazing frothed foam out of Silk regular soymilk too!

I want the new machine but it is so pricey and takes up a lot of counter space.

I highly recommend any nespresso machine!

Hello!

For anyone who has these,I would like to purchase one, but I am torn between the Citiz or the new Masestria. I know there is price difference, but I am wondering if the new one is worth the extra money...

Could anyone weigh in on this or their thoughts on what they would recommend for this product?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. Is that the only machine you have or do you have a regular espresso machine as well?

I'm torn as to which to get, as the new one has the milk frother ( wand) and different settings I believe..

Thanks for the reply. Is that the only machine you have or do you have a regular espresso machine as well?

I'm torn as to which to get, as the new one has the milk frother ( wand) and different settings I believe..

I have a Nespresso Cube and I use a Keurig milk foamer. It makes consistently perfect, amazing lattes and basically anything else I could ask for. It's around $70-ish and seems to be less problematic/difficult to use than the wand attachements, which I read tend to be weak and flimsy until you ramp up to the really expensive systems.

Is it dumb that I already own a keurig machine and would like a nespresso? Is there essentially a difference between the two to justify both or are they actually different?

If someone could chime in I'd greatly appreciate it!!