Food Nespresso (or good espresso maker) - Which one to choose?

sheishollywood

LiveLaughLove
O.G.
Nov 29, 2006
Hi Guys,

I'm in the market for a Nespresso (or any machine that makes an easy espresso). In the morning, I've made an espresso from my Tassimo machine (that I got years ago) and added steamed soy milk or almond milk. I'm pretty easy, but looking for something that doesn't take up too much space, makes a good espresso and isn't too complicated.

Any ideas on ones you love to use?

I just ordered the nespresso u bundle from Crate and Barrel. Today (5/26) they are offering a 15% discount plus a $15 bonus card and there is a $75 nespresso club credit included with the $199 nespresso u bundle for a limited time. So I think I am getting the machine plus aero-foamer plus thingy for less than $100 if you figure in all the discounts and coffee.

They made a free coffee for me in the store last week and I couldn't stop thinking about it. It was so delicious! The reviews complain about the coffee not being hot enough, and the pods not being readily available, but otherwise the reviews seem good except for the lemons.

I didn't shop around for other coffee makers. I'm just tired of watery coffee and I got to sample the coffee in the store and I loved it. I am not too picky.

I just ordered the nespresso u bundle from Crate and Barrel. Today (5/26) they are offering a 15% discount plus a $15 bonus card and there is a $75 nespresso club credit included with the $199 nespresso u bundle for a limited time. So I think I am getting the machine plus aero-foamer plus thingy for less than $100 if you figure in all the discounts and coffee.

They made a free coffee for me in the store last week and I couldn't stop thinking about it. It was so delicious! The reviews complain about the coffee not being hot enough, and the pods not being readily available, but otherwise the reviews seem good except for the lemons.

I didn't shop around for other coffee makers. I'm just tired of watery coffee and I got to sample the coffee in the store and I loved it. I am not too picky.
Do you like your machine

Do you like your machine

Yes. I just got it yesterday. It had a problem and I had to call the help line. After a lot of trial and error, we got it working and I had my first mochaccino!

It is not super-intuitive to use, but I like it. If you are considering it, read the reviews. There are some on the nespresso and amazon web sites. It's noisy while the pump is working. I'm all about the ease of use (once you know how to use it) and the taste of the coffee.

I made a "lungo" this morning. It was a little strong, so I added cream, then it was not hot anymore. I think I will either make cappucinos or buy weaker coffees. Or I guess I could add hot water.

My little irish coffee cups don't fit under the u spout, but I tilt them a little and they do fine.

LOVE the aeroccino! I don't want to wash it every day, so I plan to save it for special treats.

Yes. I just got it yesterday. It had a problem and I had to call the help line. After a lot of trial and error, we got it working and I had my first mochaccino!

It is not super-intuitive to use, but I like it. If you are considering it, read the reviews. There are some on the nespresso and amazon web sites. It's noisy while the pump is working. I'm all about the ease of use (once you know how to use it) and the taste of the coffee.

I made a "lungo" this morning. It was a little strong, so I added cream, then it was not hot anymore. I think I will either make cappucinos or buy weaker coffees. Or I guess I could add hot water.

My little irish coffee cups don't fit under the u spout, but I tilt them a little and they do fine.

LOVE the aeroccino! I don't want to wash it every day, so I plan to save it for special treats.
Thanks for the report. Thats what I hate about making my own coffee. Clean up and clutter on my countertop

If the coffee is too strong (I purchased the italian special edition coffees last year and they were super strong!), you can run the pod through again - just not on the lungo setting or it will water down. But there is enough coffee left in the pod to get another good ounce out of it.

If the coffee is too strong (I purchased the italian special edition coffees last year and they were super strong!), you can run the pod through again - just not on the lungo setting or it will water down. But there is enough coffee left in the pod to get another good ounce out of it.

Thanks! Do you re-insert the used capsule? Mine ejects after 4 seconds. Do you get grounds if it tries to re-puncture the used capsule?

I have been filling the cup (5-6 oz) because I haven't decided if it is remembering my programmed volume preference. I have the U. I hold down the lungo button while closing the slider and keep pressing it until my cup is full. So I cannot add more coffee until I drink some.

I am finding the hardest thing to do is choose a coffee! I do it the day before because I don't want to deal with it in the morning before coffee.

I also find I am preferring espressos to cappuccinos. A little surprised by that. The espressos taste so creamy!

Since I am not using the cream I bought for regular coffee, I thought I would use it to make coffee ice cream using espresso. Hmmmm..... :thinking:

Thanks! Do you re-insert the used capsule? Mine ejects after 4 seconds. Do you get grounds if it tries to re-puncture the used capsule?

I have been filling the cup (5-6 oz) because I haven't decided if it is remembering my programmed volume preference. I have the U. I hold down the lungo button while closing the slider and keep pressing it until my cup is full. So I cannot add more coffee until I drink some.

I am finding the hardest thing to do is choose a coffee! I do it the day before because I don't want to deal with it in the morning before coffee.

I also find I am preferring espressos to cappuccinos. A little surprised by that. The espressos taste so creamy!

Since I am not using the cream I bought for regular coffee, I thought I would use it to make coffee ice cream using espresso. Hmmmm..... :thinking:

I just reinsert and I have never had grounds in the cup. I also have the U. But I got mine in 2012 so maybe there have been some changes. I don't have to hold the button down for the lungo setting.

I need to reorder coffee from nespresso. I'm excited to try some of the new flavors/blends.