Nespresso and Hermes

LeeClee

Jan 15, 2009
Just out of curiosity, everytime I stop by Nespresso on Madison I see a plethora of Birkins (OMG so many crocs!) pirched on every table, not to mention the lovely parade of Hermes purses and orange bags that go flying by the window. I am going this Thursday for lunch after bringing my new Raisin Box Sellier 35cm Kelly with me to inquire about a spa treatment to remove the minor scuffs on the bag. Be honest...how many of you go to Nespresso. I simply adore the view of all that Hermes!!!!! :heart::love:

Last edited:
Yes. It is at 761 Madison Ave just a few steps away from Hermes. Makes for some GREAT Hermes spotting. I am going with my fiance because now even he can spot and name the type of Hermes bag that goes parading by the window! If you happen to walk by look for me and my purple Kelly with the handsome man who looks like a Sopranos character (lol! He is Sicilian). First we are going to stop in Hermes to inquire about my Kelly--it has some minor but barely noticable scuffs-- I want to see if it even needs a spa treatment and if so how much will it cost and how long it takes. If it takes too long I will hold off until after the holiday season to take it for a treatment. Then off to Nespresso for coffee and a light lunch.

FYI- I has to give my fiance credit--he suggested it since we got engaged a year ago on November 17th so he wanted to take me Hermes-watching lol! What a sweetie! I forget--do you live in the NY area?

I don't have a Nespresso near me (wish I did) but at my Starbucks there's always H. One woman has Birkin, chaine d'ancre bracelet and CDC cuff. When I admired the CDC, she told me she has 200 of them, 50 Birkins, and that a relative of hers was friends with Grace Kelly. If we were playing "can you top this", she won big - no contest :nuts:

This makes me smile because I am a HUGE Nespresso fan (I have three machines to date!)
and also stop in at the Madison Nespresso AFTER my visit to H there. So I would be carrying some Hermes bag, too.
When I have been I have not seen other H bags, but have had people comment on my bag which is a signal that people there know. Often I am at the Nespresso late though, usually just before close becuase of my schedule and the fact I fritter away to much of my limited time at H.
Try the desserts at Nespresso~TDF
and watch for a Cloney siting LOL~always think of his commercials now.

:woohoo: I know I can trudge several blocks from Guggenheim and Metropolitan Museum of Art to Nespresso.
I have to revisit too how much air rights ***** bought from Tifanny for giggles.

^^ I have been a customer of Nespresso from the first days when they opened in New York, perhaps 17 years ago and long before the very chic little cafe on Madison opened. I think my customer number is #81!!

They are a first class brand, and in coffee terms to me they are like Hermes, world class products, the best coffee, and unparalleled customer service. Cannot rate them too highly.

My DH and I go to Nespresso on Madison when we are in New York. I always have an H bag, and I have seen plenty of others there as well. Don't put my bags on the tables, seems too obvious and theres no room anyway.

When I'm in manhattan I see the same effect at bergdorfs especially at the shoe salon where you can actually sit it is a sea of croc when If want to see leather have lunch at Harry cipriani for some reason every woman lawyer in the city has one on now it seems nespresso is the hotspot personally I like it because I feel comfortable wearing my birkins it seems like they what they are a bag that is perfect and stylish and useful but not a T.V icon like it is in other places.

Just stopped in the Nespresso on Madison last week with my DD after a visit to the Frick museum. Didn't see any H at the time but if you want to eye lots of birkins and kellys than I definitely recommend Fred's at Barney's for lunch. The food is delicious and the H eye candy is everywhere!!

I don't have a Nespresso near me (wish I did) but at my Starbucks there's always H. One woman has Birkin, chaine d'ancre bracelet and CDC cuff. When I admired the CDC, she told me she has 200 of them, 50 Birkins, and that a relative of hers was friends with Grace Kelly. If we were playing "can you top this", she won big - no contest :nuts:

wow! i didn't know there are 200 variations of the CDC, hardware + colors taken into consideration!

will be a trip to take a trip into her closet :P