Nervous about using LV.

the first stain or water mark or whatever you get to marr your bag will chill you out completely. its not as big a deal as you think!
enjoy your bag. just take it out. you will chill eventually.

oh yea, and spray it if you are going to freak out.

Thank you all, you've all helped me on this issue, I appreciate every response! :flowers:

I spoke to my mum and she said it's covered on home insurance and I have the reciept so I'm feeling okay, I will also try carrying a plastic bag in there just incase I'm feeling uneasy about the area.

Thank you! :heart:

Try not to feel nervous about your LV bag....You should be fine as long as you act your usual self and don't look intimidated by carrying a designer bag. You'll get used to it and won't feel like everyone is eyeing you....

I think you will be fine as long as it is not in a high crime area, deserted area, etc. I use mine on the crook of my arm too while I am in the city. If it is a bad area, I avoid carrying the mono since I don't want to attract negative attention, but I usually don't go through bad areas so its not an issue really. I agree with others that you will become more comfortable after using it for a while

I usually carry my Cabas Piano with me, it's my day to day bag. However, when I'm traveling, which I usually go to Vegas, I leave Louis home. I use my Roxy bag which I can wear across my body and has a zipped top to fend of the pick pockets.

Enjoy the bag, wear Louis with pride, girl!

i use my LVs all the time, but in this case its a good thing there are a lot of fakes around.

when i travel (depending on where) though i take less noticable bags with me.

i say enjoy your bag as much as possible. like the others have said you can't live in fear and not enjoy your bag.

I think you will be fine as long as it is not in a high crime area, deserted area, etc. I use mine on the crook of my arm too while I am in the city. If it is a bad area, I avoid carrying the mono since I don't want to attract negative attention, but I usually don't go through bad areas so its not an issue really. I agree with others that you will become more comfortable after using it for a while

ITA about this...speedy and other LV included! :yahoo:

Thank you all ! :smile:

I had to carry it in a plastic bag today because I haven't sprayed the handles yet so that was a bit annoying, it only stopped raining once I reached my fiance's house XD

I know what you mean, I am especially paranoid when I am walking home with new purchases in the big brown bag. However, I agree that carrying a speedy in the crook of your arm is safest - a friend of a friend couldn't be mugged because she was carrying her bag (non-LV) that way and was so scared she wouldn't loosen her arm and the thief gave up! I have been through some sketchy parts of town with my LV, just learn to master the surprise turn-around-and-punch-assailant-in-nose move!

:roflmfao:

And you're in Vancouver?

I've waited for the skytrain alone with my big brown bag and have not felt nervous about it. But then again I have a murderous glare that scares away weirdos! :nuts:

What sketchy parts of town do you mean?

I live in south east london and there are well dodgy places near me and where i travel through. I always feel safer in the West End then i do outside of it. I felt very uncomfortable when i first started using my speedy but you do need to be nonchalent about it and confident when you are carrying it around. If you look like you are really aware of what you are carrying/wearing, etc, then you will stand out. Now i am used to it, I am more worried about the bloody dirt that keeps getting on the handles from the Tube! xxx

I completely agree with Nakolulu. It really is all about being aware of your surroundings. When I first got my Manhattan I wouldn't take it out of the box for a few months. I was panicked that by school someone would take my bag. Then I got to thinking about how many people carry fakes and I relaxed. We have campus security and I'm usually not walking around at nite by myself and there are plenty of people around during the day. I have not had a problem as of yet. Also, I thought to myself, anyone at certain times in certain surroundings are at risk for getting an item stolen. And if anything, they can always have whats in my purse or my purse, as my life is more important. Usually homeowner's insurance or renter's insurance should cover your bags. Just take pictures, document, and keep receipts. Your bags are like any other investment. And if you need to, put your bag in another bag that will draw less attention until you are able to take it out and display it for what you need.:smile:

I was more nervous to use my LV bag in the begining in case I got it dirty the vachette and all...

People get mugged carrying no name bags...regardless of what bag you carry you just have to be careful...plus there are so many fakes out there many people do not know the difference...