Neonoe side leather piece wrinkle

aeeluna

Sep 17, 2020
Is the wrinkle/creasing normal? I only started to use the bag yesterday, and I noticed that one side has very bad creasing. I went to the store and they told me that’s just normal wear and tear. They refused to give me a replacement and told me that I have to pay to get it repair. I literally own this bag for 1 month. Is there any way to fix the wrinkle? It bothers me that one side is smooth and pristine.. and the other side is so wrinkle.

4F859F0A-F13C-449F-9394-7D4044CEC1E8.jpeg

A5651FE7-6F06-4D19-98D3-50C3F2989425.jpeg

7677FD64-F23B-463F-A4D3-AD6D6450103E.jpeg

1363691F-7F8D-4A1C-B788-213E58C3E63D.jpeg

This is not from wear. To be honest, I am a 100% sure that it was like that before you bought it.
Natural cowhide usually wrinkles around the edges. This wrinkling has a very distinctive pattern. Yours is exactly like that. Vuitton almost always uses only the smooth middle part of each cowhide. But since this process is automated and done by robots and lasers, mistakes like this can happen. The factory workers should have noticed, but they didn't.
I don't find this acceptable though. This is why we should always examine every detail very carefully upon purchasing. After a month, I understand why they try to defend themselves. And since it looks like wrinkles, they can easily say that you caused them. But as someone who worked with leather, I can assure you that it was like that already when it entered the factory as a piece of leather. You can't even cause wrinkles like that. Even if you've pulled the tab upwards a lot, it would look way differently.
Strangely, this issue is not rare lately. I have seen a Speedy, a Graceful and a nano Speedy on the forum like this just in the past few weeks.

Perhaps you can speak to a store manager. Or, contact customer service. If they do not replace it for you without paying for it and not give you a new bag then I guess I would pay for the repair.

Have you had the bag stored in the dust bag since you bought it? Any chance when it went in the dust bag that the tab got caught and pushed upwards? To me, it looks like the tab curled up or was bent back and that’s what caused the wrinkles. That might also be why the store won’t repair or return it. Just a thought.

If you aren’t happy with the creasing and you already used it, get it repaired, but I would not pay for repair on that piece. I highly doubt LV would charge you for it in the end. They always say that it isn’t free and it winds up being no charge, especially on such a new piece.