neonoe or montaigne??

AmyM

Apr 23, 2019
I can't come to a decision about the monogram neonoe in caramel, or the montaigne mm in taupe empriente. Very different bags and easily about a $1700 difference in price (!) - a bit hard to process that - but at this point in life I just want to get what I like and what works best. This would be an every day bag to go with my usual casual dress, but even if I'm in leggings, I try to be a bit "polished" (ie: Ferragamo/Gucci footwear, tailored tops/outerwear, not a lot of color or pattern, etc..). A concern with the neonoe is perhaps it appeals to a younger age group. I'm older and definitely like to dress/accessorize accordingly. Both bags are open for easy in and out, which I prefer. Any opinions?

Also the noe is for all ages. It’s been around for ages and it’s such a convenient opening. Can be dressed up or down. So you don’t need to worry.

what stopped me from getting the new neo noe is the glazing issue. A few YouTube videos talk about it.

Reactions: Talanzmom
Neo Noe! I don't own a montaigne so I can't speak to how i may or may not like it, but you said you want to get what you like and what works best, so do that! Pay no attention to whether or not you think a bag is suited or appeals to a younger or older demographic :biggrin:. I personally think the Neo Noe is suited to anyone who is looking for a casual but polished look. It's certainly not an evening bag, lol but I purchased a top handle for mine on etsy and have dressed her up with the occasional scarf.

As I said, I would get what you love and what you know you will get the best use out of.

Reactions: Iceskate
I can't come to a decision about the monogram neonoe in caramel, or the montaigne mm in taupe empriente. Very different bags and easily about a $1700 difference in price (!) - a bit hard to process that - but at this point in life I just want to get what I like and what works best. This would be an every day bag to go with my usual casual dress, but even if I'm in leggings, I try to be a bit "polished" (ie: Ferragamo/Gucci footwear, tailored tops/outerwear, not a lot of color or pattern, etc..). A concern with the neonoe is perhaps it appeals to a younger age group. I'm older and definitely like to dress/accessorize accordingly. Both bags are open for easy in and out, which I prefer. Any opinions?
I think you should go for the Empreinte Montaigne. Your style sounds similar to mine & I find that my Montaigne looks good with leggings or dressy clothes! It’s very easy to use & I like the setup. I do like the NeoNoe, but I think Montaigne is prettier.

LOVE the Montaigne BB in the leather- the smell is incredible alone. I think it’s easier to maintain, slightly more understated/versatile (I get tired of the monogram but that’s just me) The shape and subtle texture is just more classy to me — sounds more compatible with your current look. Hope you got what you love!

C9C4B4C5-D812-4064-85CA-ACD07F1979C7.jpeg

Hello, I was wondering could anyone here advise me! I’m about to buy my second Louis Vuitton bag, I have a Pochette Metis in black empreinte and love it but want something a bit bigger and more open for daily wear! I’m torn between the Montaigne mm empreinte and the Neo Noe in empreinte! I love the look of both, but have questions about them too!
Noe:
Love the casual look, but does it stick out too much at the side? Would I be babying the corners? Also does the base sag after a while?
Montaigne:
It’s considerably more expensive, I could buy the Noe and a preloved piece instead? (Currently eyeing a 2012 terre empreinte bandouliere with no issues, I’d be paying 900 so just a little bit more than the difference)
I’d want to use my PM strap to make it crossbody

I’m so torn! Someone please help the most indecisive person in the world!