NEO vs NOE

joan624

thriftily trendy
O.G.
May 31, 2010
Cebu/Canada
hi TPF'ers! :biggrin:

i was just wondering if anyone here has the monogram NEO and can compare it to the monogram NOE (yes, the regular size). in terms of size/space, durability, structure, design, and so on.

i see that they are basically almost similar since the NEO was inspired by the NOE but then the prices are way different. i was wondering if the NEO is worth the huge price difference.

thanks everyone. have a great day! :smile:

DisCo

Happy Chrissy!
May 11, 2009
Australia
On the Neo you have the long detachable strap that allows you to carry it even messenger style..it also has top handles which the regular Noe doesn't have and the drawstrings are better in that you don't have to tie a knot of some sort to close it. It has microfibre lining as opposed to the Noe's textile lining and it has a LV padlock detail at the front.

I still think it's TOO expensive for a monogram bag even if it has more to offer than a reg. Noe.

bpurse

joie de vivre
Nov 2, 2007
I tried the Neo on last week and it is gorgeous but really heavy!

joyceluvsbags

Apr 1, 2010
400 Degreez
Back in May, I went to buy the Neo I was all ready to buy it, but when I tried it on, I did not like the way it looked on me. Mainly because I kept wanting to smoosh it down and the bottom feet did not let me.

It just reminds me too much of a painters bucket. No offense to Neo owners. I do have a epi Noe which I like.

Honestly for the price it's just not worth it to me. I say get a Noe and buy a spare strap that way you can wear crossbody, if you'd like!

joan624

thriftily trendy
O.G.
May 31, 2010
Cebu/Canada
thanks everyone for your replies! :smile:

i actually think the "lock" design on the Neo is beautiful as well as the extra long strap but i think without those it just looks like the Noe, only for an extra $1000+.

Yet i must admit that the Neo was the one that got me attracted to the "bucket" style bags then i searched for the Neo thread on the forum and ended up at the Noe thread and that`s when i decided to try out the Noe to see how the design will suit me.

ahhhh I had to edit this post twice bec. this "Neo/Noe" thing got me confused at times lol

Asscher

O.G.
Mar 17, 2008
I'd get the Noe since it's cheaper and basically similar in design to the Neo. And the Noe is way lighter!

conniec.4

O.G.
May 22, 2007
PA
i have both the petite noe and the reg noe, and was wondering the same thing about size-i assume its more the size of the larger noe...wonder why it would be so much heavier? handles and the lock? hmmm, i may still buy it...i love the bucket style, but not if the bottom is too wide-

Jun 9, 2010
US/Italy
I have the Noe but in the petit size so I cannot help =(
I can tell you it's super light and it can fit a lot, it used to be my workhouse bag.. until it
was replaced by my speedy ebene eheheh