Neiman marcus smart label return has become a nightmare. Please help.

summer 71

O.G.
Aug 9, 2007
friends,
I sent a return worth $1250 to neiman marcus using their smart label that comes with the package. I made a copy of the smart label for tracking info. I dropped it off at the post office on 12th sept and it was scanned and then picked up by the agent. It was again scanned on the 14th at Fishers indiana which is supposedly the hub of newgistics but since 14th there has been no progress at all. It seems like the tracking is stuck there. I called the customer service and they are of no help. They say that they have not received it and thay cannot track it. I don't know what else to do other than hyperventilate at this time.

Last edited:
Learned the hard way not to use their "smart label" for returns.
I'd try contacting the po for an update. NM can track it for sure but are probably too lazy to offer assistance.
Call back & ask to speak with a supervisor...
Good luck...

friends,
I sent a return worth $1250 to neiman marcus using their smart label that comes with the package. I made a copy of the smart label for tracking info. I dropped it off at the post office on 12th sept and it was scanned and then picked up by the agent. It was again scanned on the 14th at Fishers indiana which is supposedly the hub of newgistics but since 14th there has been no progress at all. It seems like the tracking is stuck there. I called the customer service and they are of no help. They say that they have not received it and thay cannot track it. I don't know what else to do other than hyperventilate at this time.

The same thing happened to me and they finally received my return and credited my card. I mailed the item on 8/8, didn't get the refund until almost 4 weeks later.

Sorry you had to go through this. Smartlabel normally takes 8 business days to reach the retailer's destination. I never shopped at Neiman's, but I used this label for Shopbop and it took 8 days from California to Wisconsin. I would try calling Neiman's again and see if you can talk to a supervisor but if they continue to be of no help, I would file a dispute/chargeback with your credit card. Hope you will get your money back soon! I would recommend next time you return a high-value order, you should pay for the shipping yourself with proper insurance, signature and tracking with UPS, USPS or FedEx to be safe. Smartlabel isn't reliable when it comes to lost packages. Sorry. Best of luck.

OP, mailed the package on Sept 12.. it is past the 8 business days as another poster commented.
I'd call the po as well as NM again & speak with a supervisor & have NM issue a temporary credit
so you don't have to pay interest on your account (if that is how you funded the purchase)
& give the smart label tracking # so they have it on record
OP if you made your purchase with a cc you could file a dispute, (if the bill comes in before the credit)if it is with your NM card, you will
have to wait it out..
Sorry you have to deal with this & hope your package makes it back to NM...

I had a package get delayed at the "sorting center" for two weeks with no status updates as part of the tracking. The next update was that it was delivered - took three weeks for a package that was scheduled for 3-day delivery. Frustrating to say the least!

If your package truly is lost, they should offer you a credit.

I have sent a few items through smartlabel back to saks and NM and they have always took forever. There is a way to check fedex smartlabel to see if fedex still have the package or has it been transferred to USPS. Then you can call either USPS or fedex to have them check on status. In my case, my packages had always got held up when they transfer them to USPS. Then of course, on top of that, NM/saks will hold on to your money for a few days before they release it -- very annoying to say the least.
GL

I used a smart label and my package arrived in 4 business days to NM, as I was notified by NM in an email stating they'd received it and would credit my card in 1-3 business days. Literally shipped on a Monday arrived on Friday. In fact, the credit posted on the same date as the return. I was very worried about it but it went seamlessly. I think it depends on the return center your package is routed through, which is not a lot of consolation but hopefully they're learning who their best return centers are so they can try to mimic that process with other logistics partners.

I used a smart label and my package arrived in 4 business days to NM, as I was notified by NM in an email stating they'd received it and would credit my card in 1-3 business days. Literally shipped on a Monday arrived on Friday. In fact, the credit posted on the same date as the return. I was very worried about it but it went seamlessly. I think it depends on the return center your package is routed through, which is not a lot of consolation but hopefully they're learning who their best return centers are so they can try to mimic that process with other logistics partners.

You were lucky that it reached NM in that short period of time & the credit was issued quickly.
Learned my lesson the hard way & will not use a "smart label" for returns.. For a few bucks I have piece of mind..