Neiman Marcus ON line & Returns HORRIBLE!!

I just bring in my NM online purchases to the store because it's much faster that way. Credits show up immediately. It's a hassle to go to the store (30 mins drive) but to get instant credit that's what I have to do.

Bloomingdales Palo Alto has the worse service. I was trying to return two dresses that I bought online, cause I thought they looked cute but when they arrived at my doorstep, of course color varied and the dress was longer than expected. So I returned them but the SA was complaining about how they were short staffed. Seriously, I was there to return merchandise not chit chat. I waited 30 mins to return two items. THere was also a long line and three individuals just standing around. A lot of us were pissed!

Not only was she complaining about her job but questioning me why I was returning such beautiful dresses. Well, it didn't fit, what do you want me to do? SHove my fats into the dress and run the zipper over it?

I returned something to BG and got the same "We're just now processing returns received on AUGUST 6" speech. I sent it UPS with MY money, they received it on the 17th and I got the "speech" date on Monday 20. That means at least another two full weeks before I see a credit. Thank God I used my Amex card to order it so I could file a dispute or I'd have gotten stuck with that on my bill next month. Grr! I told them they needed to notch it up A LOT. Three weeks to process a return is totally unacceptable in this day and time.

I've had the same experience with NM returns too, but since BG and NM are the same people, not surprising.

On the Bloomies returns: same thing. Slow as homemade sin..... I find it so interesting that they can instantaneously snatch the money from our credit cards when we BUY, but it takes these people the better part of a month to put it back when we return.

All those idiots could take a lesson from Zappos. Typically when I return an item to them, my credit card shows the credit within 2-3 DAYS!!!

I totally sympathize. I've had similar problems with them. It was in store, if you can believe it. I had charged a $5,000 Chanel jacket, returned it to the same store and it took 32 days to show up on my account. :wtf:
Wow, 32 days?

Before I got my own debit card, I used to think that all returns were refunded immediately, as in the minute they re-swipe your card.

Apparently not. I had to learn that the hard way.

:cursing:

I'll definitely keep that in mind next time I make an online order.

Bloomingdales online is WORSE! I returned 1 dress to the store 1 month ago.
I have spoken to a supervisor, faxed my pink slip and no credit.

I got fed up last night and called my credit card and did a dispute/chargeback.
Now they can straighten it out with Visa.
I am so done with them!

NM online sends out clothing with make-up, broken zippers, missing buttons
and mismatched worn shoes.
Used handbags are their specialty!
As inviting as it is, I have had my fill!

Once I returned something to NM online, and I don't think it took that long to get the refund--less than 2 weeks. I'm not defending NM, but so far I've never had a bad experience with them.

I haven't really had a bad experience. I think it even says on their site that it can take up to 8 weeks. It annoys the hell out of me but that aside, I haven't had a bad experience with them. I've always gotten my money back and they have always been nice about it.

NM online sends out clothing with make-up, broken zippers, missing buttons
and mismatched worn shoes.
Used handbags are their specialty!
This is so true. I posted a while back about a bag I bought and sent back that had been noticeably use. It took them around 30 days to credit me, but they did. :smile:

I called customer service this week because I received a Bergdorf item by mail and am also not in NYC to return to a BG store. They said I can return it to a Neiman Marcus store...so you do not have to mail back BG.com returns.

I was always told the opposite. I have always been told that it needs to go back to Bergdorf's and that I cannot simply return it to my Neimans.

I was always told the opposite. I have always been told that it needs to go back to Bergdorf's and that I cannot simply return it to my Neimans.

me too. even though bg is owned by neiman's, they maintain separate warehouses. if a customer service rep makes the mistake of accepting a bg item for return at neiman's, then you can expect a really long delay (or the possibility of not getting a credit at all). i had this happen to me a few years ago before neiman's instituted this policy and i literally spent months getting it resolved.

ugh that just reminded me that i sent something back to BG online like a month ago and still haven't received a credit- i mean how long does it take to return something- its so pathetic. they told me i couldnt take a BG return back at a Neimans store- if u can I am so mad they told me that cause Ive been to NM like 20 times since i mailed back that return. BG is slower than NM online too. I don't get what the deal is. They must have one slow old man working the mail room and falling asleep every five seconds.

Maybe it is a new policy or certain stores have different practices. I just returned an online order of Christian Louboutin boots ordered from BG.com last week at my local Neimans and the customer rep said 'sure we take BG.com returns', processed it in the same way she did the NM.com return that I also brought in with me and my Amex card was credited back for both items within 2 days.

me too. even though bg is owned by neiman's, they maintain separate warehouses. if a customer service rep makes the mistake of accepting a bg item for return at neiman's, then you can expect a really long delay (or the possibility of not getting a credit at all). i had this happen to me a few years ago before neiman's instituted this policy and i literally spent months getting it resolved.