Neiman Marcus not carrying Gucci?

Dec 19, 2012
Hi there...does anyone know why Neiman Marcus isn’t carrying shoes or handbags online anymore? I haven’t been in the actual store since before the pandemic, so I’m not sure if they are still carrying them in stores.

Hi there...does anyone know why Neiman Marcus isn’t carrying shoes or handbags online anymore? I haven’t been in the actual store since before the pandemic, so I’m not sure if they are still carrying them in stores.
Well the web page says they have things in select stores and or to email ... here’s a screen shot showing a partial list... to answer your original question because they are going bankrupt?

8BF9C23D-AE38-4ABB-83AD-CE3988CD3322.png

Reactions: Mustwork4bags
Yes, Neiman Marcus will no longer be carrying Gucci. Not sure whose decision it was (Gucci's or NM's), but my SA shared that they are exiting NM. My guess would be that Gucci decided to leave & it has to due with the bankruptcy -- it was reported that NM owed Gucci America $3.2 million, much of which they would not have had to pay back, due to their filing eliminating the majority of their debts. But that's just my guess.

Yes, Neiman Marcus will no longer be carrying Gucci. Not sure whose decision it was (Gucci's or NM's), but my SA shared that they are exiting NM. My guess would be that Gucci decided to leave & it has to due with the bankruptcy -- it was reported that NM owed Gucci America $3.2 million, much of which they would not have had to pay back, due to their filing eliminating the majority of their debts. But that's just my guess.

I think you may be right.

It would also help stop thousands upon thousands of of items ending up in some cheap liquidation sale where Gucci can be picked-up for next to nothing, all of which would be heavily publicised for promotion and news.

I happened to be in the Dallas NM store last week and there are a lot of designers jumping ship after the bankruptcy was declared.

Lots of shoppers though!

Oh wow... I knew NM had filed for bankruptcy...but they had done several times before and bounced back. But yikes..I would be pissed too if I were Gucci...that’s a lot of money. Thanks for the info!

Neiman Marcus has technically never filed for bankruptcy before -- this is the first time in its 113-year history. It has been on the brink of bankruptcy for quite awhile now, though, and it has been bought and sold several times, though, which is in large part how it racked up unsustainable levels of debt. Filing for Chapter 11 was inevitable; the good thing is that it was a restructuring, not a liquidation. So this should help it bounce back, as long as it continues being profitable & can pay down its existing debt without racking up more. But there were quite a few vendors who got burned in the process and lost a lot of money (WWD, Reuters, etc. have the full list/dollar amounts owed) ... so I don't think it's too surprising that Gucci & others are jumping ship. It's unfortunate, but I can't blame them ... like you said, that's a lot of money! :hrmm:

Was at Nordstrom yesterday, and they had maybe 7 Gucci bags on display, in a very empty boutique section of the bag dept. SA told me that Gucci is pulling out of all department stores.
You’re right. I just tried searching for Gucci bags on the Saks, Bloomingdales, and Nordstrom websites today and they’re all gone. They must be done starting today, bc I’m sure they pulled up yesterday.