Workplace Neiman Marcus Interview

krazydaisy

Feb 21, 2009
I have an interview there next week and I was wondering what I should wear? It's just for a regular sales associate position. can I wear leeging with a black tunic and some flats or should i wear something more business like. ty

Just my opinion, but I would never wear leggings to an interview. Wear regular dress pants and nice flats. You might also want to wear a sweater or jacket.

I thought it would be ok since it's more of a fashion place but you are right, i talked a friend and she said that for leggins and tunic would be more of a work day and not an interview. would reva's be too much for flats or should i choose something plain? ty for your response

First, congratulations & good luck at your interview!

I'm not sure I would wear Reva's just because sometimes flats may mean casual to the person interviewing you. I think because it's Neiman Marcus, I would try to be as "dressy" as possible.

Are you wanting to wear the Revas bc
TB is sold at NM? If so, I wouldn't put too much of an emphasis on that. I think its a unrealistic that NM would expect job candidates to be in pieces from their store. showing a strong amount of brand knowledge during the interview is much more important than wearing a brand IMHO.

Good luck!!

First, congratulations & good luck at your interview!

I'm not sure I would wear Reva's just because sometimes flats may mean casual to the person interviewing you. I think because it's Neiman Marcus, I would try to be as "dressy" as possible.

Are you wanting to wear the Revas bc
TB is sold at NM? If so, I wouldn't put too much of an emphasis on that. I think its a unrealistic that NM would expect job candidates to be in pieces from their store. showing a strong amount of brand knowledge during the interview is much more important than wearing a brand IMHO.

Good luck!!

no, reva's are the only flats i own and the rest are 5'' heels, lols, i havent had a job interview in years so i'm looking for options of what to wear. i was thinking of the original black blouse, grey trousers, and black pumps. would cardigans be acceptable?

you've seen how Neiman Marcus sales associates dress on the designer floors? dress "better" than that. by better I mean be more polished (make sure your clothes fit, nothing too tight) and be more fashionable (but still tasteful) with your accessories. this signals that you easily "belong" ( in the same way that all wall st hopefuls wear suits to interviews ).

take advantage of the fact that you can actually see the environment you will be working in and use that to see how people dress, interact, etc. i would also use what time you have to study/familiarize yourself with the merchandise being sold throughout the store if you're not already. basically do your research.

I would not wear a cardigan, too casual. as for leaving your jacket in the car, is the jacket appropriate for the interview? if so then let the temperature decide that.

good luck.

you've seen how Neiman Marcus sales associates dress on the designer floors? dress "better" than that. by better I mean be more polished (make sure your clothes fit, nothing too tight) and be more fashionable (but still tasteful) with your accessories. this signals that you easily "belong" ( in the same way that all wall st hopefuls wear suits to interviews ).

take advantage of the fact that you can actually see the environment you will be working in and use that to see how people dress, interact, etc. i would also use what time you have to study/familiarize yourself with the merchandise being sold throughout the store if you're not already. basically do your research.

I would not wear a cardigan, too casual. as for leaving your jacket in the car, is the jacket appropriate for the interview? if so then let the temperature decide that.

good luck.

what do you mean if the jacket is appropriate for the interview? if you're asking if it goes with my outfit, yes. would i take it off in HR's office? it's suppose to snow and rain tomorrow so i figure it would be weird if I walked in there semi wet. but as for taking off my peacoat or should i keep it on? some say it's your preferences but idk

what do you mean if the jacket is appropriate for the interview? if you're asking if it goes with my outfit, yes. would i take it off in HR's office? it's suppose to snow and rain tomorrow so i figure it would be weird if I walked in there semi wet. but as for taking off my peacoat or should i keep it on? some say it's your preferences but idk

yes, that's what i meant.

if you coat is damp, take it off. i'm sure the receptionist will ask if you want to hang it up. if not, then take it off, "fold" the jacket so that the damp part is inside and drape it over the chair arm or over your bag. just make sure your things are neatly contained and not all over the place. if you have to walk to different offices, carry the jacket on your arm as you're walking. the same is true if you find the office too hot.

GL with the interview!
I would wear the pumps, blouse and grey trousers you mentioned above.
I live in a cold climate so I would wear a coat that coordinated well with my outfit and wear it inside the store. Once inside and comfortable to start the interview process I'd take it off. I wouldn't keep a winter coat on during an interview tho. Also have fun with accessories since NM has a great accessories dept. and you're wearing classic/neutral colors.