Neiman Marcus cosmetics policy

pie

O.G.
Dec 23, 2006
I just saw this on the NM website regarding cosmetics returns:

"All fragrance and cosmetics returns must be unused, unopened, and in original packaging for a credit/refund or exchange to be issued."

Is this true? I didn't realize that opened cosmetics cannot be returned now.

Related question, if I got a GWP with my purchase, do I have to return the GWP if I return just one item of my purchase? I got a GWP for a $150 min spend and I want to return a $20 liner I didn't like, will NM charge me for the GWP if I keep it?

there should be a qualifying amount when you purchase normally it's something like " free with any $100 purchase" if the amount was $150, I think you should call them just make sure.

It's no different to anywhere else, is it? I thought all stores had the same policies when it came to cosmetics and perfume, ie: it has to be unused and unopened if you want to return or exchange it.

Rather odd policy considering the fact that some people might have allergic reactions.. :weird: Sephora's policy is pretty generous. I honestly prefer to shop at places with good return/exchange policies in case a product doesn't end up working out.

It's no different to anywhere else, is it? I thought all stores had the same policies when it came to cosmetics and perfume, ie: it has to be unused and unopened if you want to return or exchange it.

Sephora, Ulta and MAC allow you to use the products and return them within 60 days for a refund/exchange.

i bought a moisturizer from the natura bisse counter at nm and they gave me samples since they had to order it and ship it to me. by the time it came, i didn't like the moisturizer based on the samples so i returned it to nm and i had obviously not opened/used it. but they open the jar to check!??! i wouldn't want that jar if thats their policy and they open it themselves. the SA was pretty rude too