Neighbor making comments of what hes going to BUY once my dog bites him.

Geez you made me recall that movie where Samuel Jackson plays a psycho neighbor...

I would ignore him, totally. If you have to pass by him I would just take the little one in my arms and put him back in the floor once he (crazy neighbor) is out of sight… And yeah, keep track of everything and, even walk accompanied when ever you can, so you have witnesses if ever needed (hope not)

Your neighbor sounds really crazy. I like the idea of creating some kind of paper trail, in case something does happen. Could you send a letter to your property manager or whoever is in charge (since you said that you lived in a complex), just to say that this is going on, and specifying that you don't want them to take any immediate action but just want to make them aware of the situation? Does he only do this to your dog, or other dogs in the area as well? Have other people seen this happen?

In the meantime, I like dallas' idea of just crossing the street/avoiding him, and trying to teach your dog to not get worked up over it.

By the way, is the dog the one in your av? He's tiny! When I first read the story I imagined a pittbull or rottweiler.

Your neighbor sounds really crazy. I like the idea of creating some kind of paper trail, in case something does happen. Could you send a letter to your property manager or whoever is in charge (since you said that you lived in a complex), just to say that this is going on, and specifying that you don't want them to take any immediate action but just want to make them aware of the situation? Does he only do this to your dog, or other dogs in the area as well? Have other people seen this happen?

In the meantime, I like dallas' idea of just crossing the street/avoiding him, and trying to teach your dog to not get worked up over it.

By the way, is the dog the one in your av? He's tiny! When I first read the story I imagined a pittbull or rottweiler.

Yup, thats him in my avatar! :nuts: He's barely 8lbs!

I like your suggestion of letting the prop management know..even though the management company is pretty lousy I wouldnt be totally surprised if they ignored my request to not say anything to him and went ahead & notified him about it! :Push: I'll take this into consideration.

But to answer your other question, Only myself & he have dogs on our side of the complex. Nobody else has witnessed anything. I haven't seen him do anything else to anyone else.

Geez you made me recall that movie where Samuel Jackson plays a psycho neighbor...

I would ignore him, totally. If you have to pass by him I would just take the little one in my arms and put him back in the floor once he (crazy neighbor) is out of sight… And yeah, keep track of everything and, even walk accompanied when ever you can, so you have witnesses if ever needed (hope not)

Omg, that movie is creepy!

I have picked up my dog in a few occasions when hes around.

There was an incident (the time where he told me about the muzzle), my dog was in the middle of sniffin around in the grass and just about to go pee or poo when crazy neighbor came walking by and saw us. He then had his dog with him (with no leash) and he stopped his dog and told his dog to stop where she is. They both just stood there.

I told him my dog was still trying to do his thing and also told him that I have my dog on a short leash, indicating it was okay for them to walk on by.

He chose to just stand there and wait. Then thats when he proceeded to run his mouth suggesting i'd get my dog a muzzle. I got fed up and cut him off and told him " YEAH, I heard about this from my husband already." and picked up my dog and went back home.

What dog does he have? I'm concerned about the safety of your little one. If he's really psycho, and it seems like he's halfway there, he could let his dog loose on yours.

Your dog is adorable & looks totally harmless. I have seven cats all bigger than him!

I have no real advice, I just wanted to express my shock at your neighbor. He belongs in a padded cell.

Your dog is adorable & looks totally harmless. I have seven cats all bigger than him!

I have no real advice, I just wanted to express my shock at your neighbor. He belongs in a padded cell.

lmfao @ the padded cell.

i dont wanna make fun of this guy too much but if u saw him IRL, you would know what im talking about. =/

thank you hehehe

:sweatdrop:

- I would keep a notebook and write down dates, times, what he said (to the best of your memory), and I would call the police about it, perhaps once you have a nice little dossier on the nut.

With all the info, maybe down the line you may have to get a restraining order on him. The previous contact with police and the log book will help.

(I'm not in law enforcement, so I don't know if this would help, but it makes sense to me)

You could call the police and describe what is going on and ask what you should do - they may say the same thing re keeping track of the incidients...

Just some thoughts.

I would do this too. Will take you minimal time. He sounds sue happy & God forbid something would hapen & he tries to file, you have a diary of his actions. The court systems don't like people like this.

I too would call the police. They would rather have you call him now than something happen later.

Don't walk your dog by him anymore. He's a bully.

I think the dog senses that the guy is evil so that's why he.. she? barks at him :sneaky: Don't know about the wife though.. maybe she has the same smell as that man.

Eek, this guy is a LOON!! I agree with everyone else, just keep a log of all the creepy things he says to you and call the police when you feel like you have enough info. Is your doggy ever let outside alone? Just watch him like a hawk (I'm afraid that he might try some shysty business if the doggy is out alone)! I would literally ignore him if he says anything else just bebop on right by him into your house. I would probably carry a thing of pepper spray in case he tries to get violent (from what you've said, it could be possible) or tries to provoke your dog into doing something. Maybe if you ignore him and he sees that he isn't getting a rise out of you he'll stop? I'm so sorry you're going through this! Please, stay safe and keep us updated.

Venus Long Legs:
I would do this too. Will take you minimal time. He sounds sue happy & God forbid something would hapen & he tries to file, you have a diary of his actions. The court systems don't like people like this.

I too would call the police. They would rather have you call him now than something happen later.

Don't walk your dog by him anymore. He's a bully.

Serene:

I think the dog senses that the guy is evil so that's why he.. she? barks at him Don't know about the wife though.. maybe she has the same smell as that man.

This thought has past my mind when I noticed my dog only acts this way towards him and his wife.

sooner_girl:

Eek, this guy is a LOON!! I agree with everyone else, just keep a log of all the creepy things he says to you and call the police when you feel like you have enough info. Is your doggy ever let outside alone? Just watch him like a hawk (I'm afraid that he might try some shysty business if the doggy is out alone)! I would literally ignore him if he says anything else just bebop on right by him into your house. I would probably carry a thing of pepper spray in case he tries to get violent (from what you've said, it could be possible) or tries to provoke your dog into doing something. Maybe if you ignore him and he sees that he isn't getting a rise out of you he'll stop? I'm so sorry you're going through this! Please, stay safe and keep us updated.

My dog is never ever ever allowed outside alone. He's an inside dog and only time he steps outside is when we go walk him which is at least 5 times a day. (That's 5 times a day that I may bump into him!)

I need to go to the sporting goods store and get another pepper spray. I gave mine away a while ago to my little girl cousin.

I'm going to start on my log and think over about informing the police and/or the property managament. I am just mainly worried if I inform either of these people they will go talk to him and that would create a very awkward & perhaps even make me feel endangered by this guy.

Btw, before our dog arrived to stay with us, before ALL of this he was also TOO friendly and werid at the same time. I had a dream one night that he JUMPED over our patio fence and just walked inside our house. That's how crazy this guy is to me.

Upon moving in, we were just trying to be friendly neighbors and say hello and talk to our neighbors. He was cool and all at first but then he started to creep me out.

One night my DH and I came home late (I went to work with him) and once we got home, this looney was outside at 3am in his short UNTiED robe, his tight boxers,and slippers while smoking a cigarette. He was just standing there in the middle of both our units as he said hello and tried to start some conversation with us at 3 freakin A.M!

Also another event that made me feel uncomfy is that around the time that we just moved in, he was knocking on my front door and i knew it was him but lagged on opening it since I was in the middle of coloring my hair in the bathroom.

I finally went out to answer the door as i also mentioned to him that I was sorry for taking so long to answer bc I was coloring my hair. He asked me if I wanted some FREE SHOES his wife never wears. He even said their a size 9 and it looks like it would fit me!!! I kindly turned them down and thought it was quite creepy but just thought of it as a "nice" gesture.

That same night I was leaving in the middle of the night with my DH to tag along with him to work. Looney neighbor was out once again at about 1AM or so and he took that moment to compliment me on my hair. " Wow, I like your hair."

Er.

In this same time frame, he also tried to donate us his really old,heavy,dusty lamps. Once again, this was when we first move in kinda. He was cleaning out his garage and wanted to be nice..or so we thought. We didn't want to be rude so we said SURE!

Those lamps ended up sitting in the corner of our house for a month or so. It took FOREVER to find an opportunity to bring them out into our cars to go dump them because this looney neighbor is ALWAYS outside.

So one night we heard him snoring next door and took that opportunity to haul those heavy and dusty lamps out into the car and dumped them.

Thanks for the responses guys! =)

Absolutely start to document this nonsense, as PPers have said. Keep a notebook with dates, times, and what was said and done.

I also agree that moving might be worth it. He sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Agree with everyone else - keep track of everything, never allow the dog outside alone, and keep a close watch on this guy. He definitely sounds mentally unstable.

The more you describe him, I'm worried about YOU as well as your dog. He's invading your personal space at times and talking inappropriately. Don't want to scare you, but be prepared for anything and as everyone has said, document, document, document his actions and words.

Hugs and good luck!