Negotiating between two H stores

kenzie1980

Patina in progress
Feb 14, 2008
My SA is on the hunt for various items on my wishlist. However, my home store isn't always well-stocked. If I see something on my wishlist at another H store, should I buy it or should I call my SA first and wait for it to hit my own home store?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

I think you should check with your SA if she is able to have certain items brought over from other US (I'm assuming you're in the US) stores into your own. If she is, I say have her bring it over :P If she is unable to do so, then purchase it straight there. With Hermes, what you find in one state may never see shelf light in another :supacool:

^^ I'm just afraid of falling out of my SA's good graces. Still, when my SA mentions that their store only gets 5 or 6 bags a year and that there are women on the waitlist that have been waiting for 4 years, I mentally calculate the odds for me and get bummed. Bleah, I never thought I had to negotiate store politics to get a bag!

They may not be able to transfer certain things in, but you might be able to order it THROUGH your local sales associate so she gets the credit. My last purchase was done this way, and my next one will be as well since they don't have it in stock.

They may not be able to transfer certain things in, but you might be able to order it THROUGH your local sales associate so she gets the credit. My last purchase was done this way, and my next one will be as well since they don't have it in stock.

Can you elaborate? For example, if I see something I want at the non-local H store, do I just call my local SA to alert her so she can call the non-local store to have it brought in?

I don't know how Hermes handles things with higher-priced items like a Kelly or Birkin, but when it comes to everything I've wanted, my favorite SA has found it on the computer and had it forwarded to my local store for pickup or had it sent directly to my house from that location.

My only regret was in having a scarf sent to my local store instead of the house. The price increase was about to go into effect, and it took almost a week to get it from one store to the next while direct shipping would have taken two business days, and I would have gotten it at the old price.

Good luck in getting precisely the items you want!

Can you elaborate? For example, if I see something I want at the non-local H store, do I just call my local SA to alert her so she can call the non-local store to have it brought in?

I also go back and forth between two stores as my husband works in another city. When it comes to Birkins, I don't think they will transfer between stores, so if one comes up, I pounce. For everything else, my SA in San Francisco usually gets it, although sometimes it can take a while. I give her the chance first, as we have a relationship. But I wouldn't think of it as politics. In any other high end store, we would expect the sales associate to locate the item and get it to our store or have it shipped to us. If this can't be done in a reasonable time frame - and I think it differs for different bags - then you need to do what you need to do. Honestly, I think the smaller stores understand that.

But I wouldn't think of it as politics. In any other high end store, we would expect the sales associate to locate the item and get it to our store or have it shipped to us. If this can't be done in a reasonable time frame - and I think it differs for different bags - then you need to do what you need to do. Honestly, I think the smaller stores understand that.

Thanks for the reminder. Since I travel a fair amount, it really shouldn't surprise my local SA that I would hit the H store in whatever city I'm in and pounce on any opportunities I find. I guess the best thing I can do is keep my local SA updated on the wishlist so she doesn't waste time looking for something that I've located elsewhere. If that offends her, well, that's business I guess. 4 years is still a long time for a "maybe" on bags, and if the H fairy is in a good mood and grants me a wish in a different city, I'd be stupid not to take advantage of it.

^^ Tee hee! Thanks for asking! It's on consignment right now (alas, no takers yet). I hope to get an etoupe togo 32 retourne Kelly with PH to replace her as my workhorse (less slouch than clemence, more versatile all-season color than black). The other 2 on my wishlist are a 30 Birkin (raisin togo, PH) and a 28 sellier black box Kelly for wearing with my suits and dressier outfits. Those three should cover practically every life situation I can think of at the moment.

Unfortunately, my bag self-control has not carried over into scarves. The autumn/winter 2008 collection sounds very dangerous to my wallet right now.

Ok, if it is NM that you are worried about- then don't!!! If another bag pops up at a different location that you want, then go for it. I promise you, the SA's at our NM are very understanding because they of all people know how limited their stock is. Don't think twice about it!