negative review on "Top Class"

the doctor i had is Kim Hyung-joon.

first consultation was normal, i told the doctor that i want my nose to be sharper, pointy, slim & nose tip to be as low as possible, and straight line from bridge to nose tip, which would make the nose-tip more outwards.

i went back to Top Class another day to confirm the price, i ask for a second consultation before i pay. they said the doctor had 10 minutes free. the doctor briefly go through the procedure & i didn't keep him for long.

final consultation before surgery is ridiculous (after i'd paid), the doctor first time mentioned to raise up my nose tip, i disagreed (i just don't like nose-tip high above nostrils), he spent about 20 minutes explaning how he thinks his plan is better which i appreciated the time he spent.
however, something he said is just silly, he says things like "nose tip SHOULD point upwards like this", i was like WTF, there is nothing "SHOULD" be something in appearance.
(that's why people say all koreans look the same after ps becoz there are stubborn factories like that?)
i know what i want, so i just disagree.
he walked off the consultation room without asking me if i have any other questions.

i had one more thing to confirm with him but he walked away, so i had to tell him in the surgery room just before the operation, to pull down the skin in front of nostrils, to make nostril less visible.

its has been 2 weeks since operation, the outcome is just worse than before, nostrils are more visible from front view (which he just said changing nose tip would affect the shape of nostril),
my nose-tip is higher than before (which he claimed that my skin couldn't be stretched more than that).

he kept pressing my nose while giving his reasons (/excuses?) of failure which i doubt that unnessessary contacts on patient's nose should be done.

its even worse when i look at the mirror today. from infratip to nose-tip is a quarter-circle shape, this can hardly form a pointy nose even after the swelling completely gone.

the nurses didn't gave much information on how to take care after surgery as well.

i'll email them & update their response. they had said revision surgery is only free between 6 to 12 months after surgery. it will cost money after 12 months.

while this matter hasn't been sorted out, i highly advise you not to go there.

first consultation was normal, i told the doctor that i want my nose to be sharper, pointy, slim & nose tip to be as low as possible, and straight line from bridge to nose tip, which would make the nose-tip more outwards.

i went back to Top Class another day to confirm the price, i ask for a second consultation before i pay. they said the doctor had 10 minutes free. the doctor briefly go through the procedure & i didn't keep him for long.

final consultation before surgery is ridiculous (after i'd paid), the doctor first time mentioned to raise up my nose tip, i disagreed (i just don't like nose-tip high above nostrils), he spent about 20 minutes explaning how he thinks his plan is better which i appreciated the time he spent.
however, something he said is just silly, he says things like "nose tip SHOULD point upwards like this", i was like WTF, there is nothing "SHOULD" be something in appearance.
(that's why people say all koreans look the same after ps becoz there are stubborn factories like that?)
he walked off the consultation room without asking me if i have any other questions.

i had one more thing to confirm with him but he walked away, so i had to tell him in the surgery room just before the operation, to pull down the skin in front of nostrils, to make nostril less visible.

its has been 2 weeks since operation, the outcome is just worse than before, nostrils are more visible from front view (which he just said changing nose tip would affect the shape of nostril),
my nose-tip is higher than before (which he claimed that my skin couldn't be stretched more than that).

he kept pressing my nose while giving his reasons (/excuses?) of failure which i doubt that unnessessary contacts on patient's nose should be done.

its even worse when i look at the mirror today. from infratip to nose-tip is a quarter-circle shape, this can hardly form a pointy nose even after the swelling completely gone.

the nurses didn't gave much information on how to take care after surgery as well.

i'll email them & update their response. they had said revision surgery is only free between 6 to 12 months after surgery. it will cost money after 12 months.

im sorry about your bad experience :sad: please keep us updated~

thanks for the feedback ... good luck to you and i really hope things turn out well for you

I'm sorry to hear that :sad:
It's both, because Koreans like the same results, and also because surgeons do it that way
You're right, there is nothing that SHOULD look this way or this way, it SHOULD look the way you ask (when it's realistic)
I would have run away if a surgeon told me what his preferences are and doesn't take into account my own preferences...

Reactions: guy8989
I am so sorry to hear this... Thank you for sharing.

I actually consulted at Top class last summer with Dr Jeon. He was very nice and pleasant, but I didn't get it done because during my stay in SK I didn't find a doctor I felt I could trust completely...

Hello everyone. This is the first post regarding topclass that I have read so I would like to share mine. I was in sk for vline aso and rhino last year in October. At the moment I am almost 4 months post op of my rhino and I had mine done by Dr Kim. As for the result, I am very happy. It was my primary with silicon implant. To be honest, I find Dr Kim as well a stubborn character and I agree with you shingotakeda that he tends to tell you what nose is good for you. He did make me feel uncomfortable at times but I decided to have my surgery with Dr Kim because I like his style which is the pointy nose and he does raise the tip around 85 to 90 degrees from the philtrum, if I'm not mistaken. Overall I was not unhappy with Dr Kim's attitude as I manage to crack few jokes and explain clearly to him what my concern was and he listened. To be frank, I did a lot of research before the surgery and at some point I feel like I know everything, what and how i want it to be done. My advice, we still have to listen to the doctors because they are more experienced. For example, I did have a long discussion with Dr Kim about the height of my bridge that I want minimal height but he mentioned that he will refuse to do my surgery because the end result won't be satisfactory based on my wish. Obviously I wasnt happy of what he said so I took few more days for research so I can make rational decision.

To me, It's important to choose a doctor based on their style and technique especially for rhinoplasty. I find topclass is not a big clinic but they are busy and Dr Kim is very occupied. He showed me a photo of my nose right after the surgery before putting the cast which I find great and even briefly explain to me the whole surgery. As for post op care, I wasn't happy with it. First of all, they don't have a good English consultant and most of the time you have to try to understand very basic instructions from the staffs. I left the clinic less than an hour after my surgery and I was told just to take the medication and that's all. There were no instructions on how to clean and care for my nose. Tho I did ask.

Shingotakeda, was it your primary rhino? Do you mind swapping photos? PM me.

Hello everyone. This is the first post regarding topclass that I have read so I would like to share mine. I was in sk for vline aso and rhino last year in October. At the moment I am almost 4 months post op of my rhino and I had mine done by Dr Kim. As for the result, I am very happy. It was my primary with silicon implant. To be honest, I find Dr Kim as well a stubborn character and I agree with you shingotakeda that he tends to tell you what nose is good for you. He did make me feel uncomfortable at times but I decided to have my surgery with Dr Kim because I like his style which is the pointy nose and he does raise the tip around 85 to 90 degrees from the philtrum, if I'm not mistaken. Overall I was not unhappy with Dr Kim's attitude as I manage to crack few jokes and explain clearly to him what my concern was and he listened. To be frank, I did a lot of research before the surgery and at some point I feel like I know everything, what and how i want it to be done. My advice, we still have to listen to the doctors because they are more experienced. For example, I did have a long discussion with Dr Kim about the height of my bridge that I want minimal height but he mentioned that he will refuse to do my surgery because the end result won't be satisfactory based on my wish. Obviously I wasnt happy of what he said so I took few more days for research so I can make rational decision.

To me, It's important to choose a doctor based on their style and technique especially for rhinoplasty. I find topclass is not a big clinic but they are busy and Dr Kim is very occupied. He showed me a photo of my nose right after the surgery before putting the cast which I find great and even briefly explain to me the whole surgery. As for post op care, I wasn't happy with it. First of all, they don't have a good English consultant and most of the time you have to try to understand very basic instructions from the staffs. I left the clinic less than an hour after my surgery and I was told just to take the medication and that's all. There were no instructions on how to clean and care for my nose. Tho I did ask.

No instructions to clean it? By the way, what is SK ? Thanks for the review :sad:

Hi Wenneak, thank your for your reviews. I'm very interested in top class. It will be my revision and I really want a big change. Could you share your b&a ? Do you kakao ? Or you can pm me . This will help me a lot since I'm going in 2 weeks to Korea and so far all the clinics I found have somewhat bad reviews or too natural.

Hi Wenneak, thank your for your reviews. I'm very interested in top class. It will be my revision and I really want a big change. Could you share your b&a ? Do you kakao ? Or you can pm me . This will help me a lot since I'm going in 2 weeks to Korea and so far all the clinics I found have somewhat bad reviews or too natural.

Hey, how did your consultation go with top class dr kim? Did you end up going with top class for the revision? I am here currently and im deciding between top class or gng

Hey, how did your consultation go with top class dr kim? Did you end up going with top class for the revision? I am here currently and im deciding between top class or gng
I didnt like my consultation at topclass. Dr. Kim was in a rush and what he suggested me will just make my nose looks huge and tall. The girl that did the pricing ..she lied about the tax refund. She told me I wont get text refund for second nos job . I ended up going with gng..very happy