NEGATIVE LV comments...

I think everyone on here has a friend like that. In fact some people on here criticize OTHER PF members for spending certain amounts on bags (we get that quite a bit in the Hermes forum :rolleyes: ). Its never going to end. Just ignore her. You love your bags so what difference does it make? And she should realize that some Coach bags have gotten pretty expensive as well and DB isn't exactly the cheapest of the cheap.

Everybody spends money differently. Some people travel, some spend on entertainment, food, cars, clothes........ Then they think others are wasting money while they are spending wisely. Look at the bank account at the end of the month, the credit card balance the retirement fund. My handbags were purchased used and I can recoup most of my money by reselling. Not such a silly thing to collect.

Kathy

Sorry to hear that, but let's face it, there are a lot of peepz out there that totally don't understand why we love LV so much or understand our obsesstion. My family always makes fun of how i spend tons of money on a bag that's not even leather (canvas)... I just brush it off...
No need to take it personal....
****cheer****

alot of people put your obession down because thy can not afford it/jealous.
My husband bought me a $300 wallet from COach and he was flipping out! I told him he spends about $150 on shoes alone- he loves nike. My younger brother understands, he is 21. I take him sometimes with me when I buy my bags and he says, I get it- I love spending money on paintball guns.
Everyone has different obsessions- don't be ashamed!!!
monica

She probably thinks that DB and Coach are investment pieces, (assuming she has many pieces) so it's really not worth your time explaining :devil: I'm in the mood for all LV haters right now. Seriously, do people actually believe that DB can hang??? I mean Coach or DB could stand up against even the ugliest LV piece.:devil: :biguns: :lecture: :smartass: :blah: :roflmfao:

In the end, it all evens out. Some people really cut corners on things that others drop tons of cash on and vice versa.

IMO, carrying a cheap looking, ripped bag is as awful as wearing ill-fitting clothes and poor quality shoes. There are tons of bags out there that don't cost a fortune but still look good. Do they last? They probably won't age nearly as well as our LVs but they will have a short lifespan and when they start looking past their prime that's when it's time to say goodbye.

I'm sorry about your friend's comments. I've had the same conversations with (now former) friends who have criticized my tastes and where I choose to splurge. Needless to say I don't shop or associate too much with these 'friends' any longer. :Push:

Enjoy your LV and carry it proud!!!

ShoulderEyeCandy said:
:yes: OK, everyone I know you all understand how much we all are obsessed with Louis Vuitton. :heart: We all practically know the history, names of bags, when they came out and if they're limited edition and etc...

Well, a close friend of mine who is not familiar with LVs was asking me why they cost so much. (She is a fan of Coach and DB, eventhough she can afford LV) Implying that it was ridiculous to pay that much for a bag that's leather. I then said that the monogram is NOT fully leather and that it is mostly coated canvas and that the vachetta is the only leather on the bag. She freaked out even more saying that if it's not leather, why do YOU pay so much??? She then started questioning me..Is it cause of the brand name? Saying that's crazy because she never knew and now that she knows it's even crazier! :crybaby:

I was shocked because she knows how much I love LV and it makes me happy. I told her that it's my choice to spend that kind of money and it's my hobby. Anyways, I felt terrible. :hysteric:

Have you ever been in this situation like this before?

:girlsigh: Sorry to hear, but try and shake it off.
A g/f's boyfriend told me that my white mc speedy looked like a barbie bag when he first saw it. I was shocked but replied with "thats ok because my barbie bag cost more then your car" he turned around and went back in the house. In fact the bag did cost more, his winter beater cost him about 500$ if that. :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

It's happened to me for sure... not even just with LV, but with other designer bags too! No one I work with, and friends generally don't understand. My DH doesn't "get it" either, but he's okay with it as long as it makes me happy.

I like the name, the workmanship and the quality... I got my first LV pochette over 5 years ago, and the canvas looks pristine after regular use, and the only sign of wear is the darkening of the leather and some tarnishing of the the gold finish.

I hate it when people criticize others for how they spend their money - as long as no one is getting hurt, if I've earned my money, thenI can choose how I want to spend it.

Everyone has that thing that gets them going....be it LV, Coach, working out, gambling....whatever. The bottom line is this....if you are hurting no one and you feel good about it....I say go for it. Don't let ignorant people make you feel bad. You could have easily flipped the script on her about DB/Coach. Don't sweat it or feel guilty about it. If things are in order with you and you want to buy LV.....BUY LV!!!!

You can always alert her to the fact that leather isn't nearly as costly as she thinks it is. Unless you get into special tanning processes, special colors and that kind of thing, leather just isn't that darn $$$.

Bag Fetish said:
:girlsigh: Sorry to hear, but try and shake it off.
A g/f's boyfriend told me that my white mc speedy looked like a barbie bag when he first saw it. I was shocked but replied with "thats ok because my barbie bag cost more then your car" he turned around and went back in the house. In fact the bag did cost more, his winter beater cost him about 500$ if that. :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:
It sounds as if that person was making a comment about the style or look of the bag when relating it to barbie and IMO a person can like/dislike certain bags regardless of brand or cost. When your reply goes to the price tag it comes across like the $$$ you paid for the bag makes it somehow better. I'm sorry but your comment sounded harsh and a bit snobby to me.

If we're all pointing out that cost of an item should not matter and that people should be free to spend as much (for bags) or as little (for cars) as they want, then the fact that you did indeed pay more for the car should not be an issue.

Mind you I don't know this random dude making the comment or whatever he was trying to imply with the barbie comment. If he was outright rude then he probably deserved it. But *if he was totally clueless then he might not have warranted your response.