Needing my 'enablers'...

Okay. So I have a classic flap on hold. It's the one that I have finally decided that I "need" in my collection. It's black caviar w/ silver hardware. I dealt with a GREAT SA over the phone. I am to pick her up on Friday. :yahoo:

Here's the thing: It's $2400 cdn. I can totally afford it - that's not the issue. However it's 2400 freakin' bucks!! Last Nov. I spent $1060 on my first LV - and I had a hard time with that. I thought there was NO WAY I could spend more than that on a bag... But here I am w/ a Chanel on hold.

I am concerned about where I'll go from here. Do I really need this bag? I could go and donate this $$ to charity - but does that make more sense? This is a classic flap - it's an investment... an heirloom.. DH spent $3000 on his new rims a couple years ago... I am totally justifying myself BUT I need more.. help a chanel-chic out? Oh man!:Push:

I feel your pain. I think all of us had to deal with the guilt of spending so much money on a purse. I set aside $100 per purse purchase for charity(on top of what we normally do). Nerphanie and I started this system since the beginning of this year.
But ,please buy that purse. Every girl deserves a classic Chanel flap.

Did you get it? Did you get it???

I love my caviar classic flap--and I know I will always love it--and that makes it a great investment in terms of "cost per wear." I will carry it at least 2000 times, which works out to about $1 per use! What a value!!! :smile:

don't know if it helps, i know holts chanel had the blk calviar jumbo with the new chain at 2250, it's 200 dollars cheaper, and if you get lucky, maybe they will have a gift card event coming up too? it's not as good as saks, but it's better than nothing.

I feel your pain. I think all of us had to deal with the guilt of spending so much money on a purse. I set aside $100 per purse purchase for charity(on top of what we normally do). Nerphanie and I started this system since the beginning of this year.
But ,please buy that purse. Every girl deserves a classic Chanel flap.
Fantastic idea! I love it! Totally agree, you deserve a classic flap & oh and welcome to Chanel.

You're $1,000+ Louis Vuitton bag was mostly canvas, we are talking about leather here with Chanel.

Every lady/girl/woman needs to have a classic Chanel in her wardrobe.:yes:

:smile: .... & still not enough???

yup..I do ponder over ..y dun I just donate the money to charitable org... in fact, i did my fair bit
of donation...but I really want that bag..(maybe I shld buy/spend lesser???)

think of it as an investment, where it appreciates every few months, more than the stock market !!! And more than stock certificates, you can bring your bag wherever you go !!!! GO GET IT!

Yes the money could go towards charity but you don't have to be crusading all the time.

Because I have been working overseas, I am unable to do voluntary work in my community so I have chosen a different charity each year (for the past 7 years) to learn about and sponsor. I make three donations a year, at Christmas or New Year, Good Friday and my birthday. This year my charity is The Smile Train, they work to fix cleft lips and palettes for children.

Have fun with your hard earned money, life is too short as it is. :idea:

Wow. I woke up this morning, resolved to call my SA and tell her to take my name off the bag - b/c I mean, c/mon, who needs a $2400 bag... Ahh, the clarity of sleep.

But then I came down and read the new posts on my thread, and I am heading for Chanel this morning!!!!

...I think. Gosh - we'll see where I go from here. I'm such a flake.

Wow. I woke up this morning, resolved to call my SA and tell her to take my name off the bag - b/c I mean, c/mon, who needs a $2400 bag... Ahh, the clarity of sleep.

But then I came down and read the new posts on my thread, and I am heading for Chanel this morning!!!!

...I think. Gosh - we'll see where I go from here. I'm such a flake.
good luck with your decision! and if you decide to get the chanel, we'd love to see it!:heart: