Needing a good 'every day' tote. Advice on Either Tory Burch, Coach or whatever you recommend please!

Jordan91

Sep 26, 2019
Hi all,

I need a nice mid range leather tote. Nothing too fancy, just something I can use everyday and put my small laptop in. I've heard great reviews about the Tory Burch Perry tote and also coach. My budget is upto £400 ($500 usd)

Does anyone recommend these brands or any other brands?

Thanks everyone

Reactions: Mairaculi
Well I had great luck with the Coach Market tote. I had it for about 2 years and used it a lot and it held up well. No signs of wear or damage in those 2 years. I just sold it to buy something else. I’m not sure if they make it anymore, but it is similar in style to the Tory Burch Perry tote.

I'm currently using Everlane's Day Market Tote. It's a great, cheap(ish) leather workhorse; the finishing isn't that well done but it's super functional and that was what I was looking for.

Also, I‘m currently using a Tory Burch Robinson tote. It seems very roomy. It fits way more things than I usually carry and is lightweight. I really like it so far:smile:

968E022E-97B0-4C8F-9737-DAA4DCB52100.jpeg

Well I had great luck with the Coach Market tote. I had it for about 2 years and used it a lot and it held up well. No signs of wear or damage in those 2 years. I just sold it to buy something else. I’m not sure if they make it anymore, but it is similar in style to the Tory Burch Perry tote.

Same! Mine is like 6-7 years old and no issues at all. They have a similar but slightly different version now.

Reactions: Glttglam
Hi! It's not leather, but I've used Longchamp totes for work for years. I've purchased a few of the coated canvas version of the Longchamp which I found more durable. Just purchased a Von Holzhausen shopper (vegan leather) for work, heard good things about it, will see how it goes when it's here!

Reactions: pinky7129
You could probably find a nice work tote for much less than $500. Almost all contemporary designers make one. Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Rebecca Minkoff, Dooney and Bourke, to name a few. Coach is obviously a good brand. I am a fan of Longchamp, but I think their Le Pliage totes are a bit of a black hole. I don't know what is available to you where you live, but there are lots of choices out there. Probably too many, lol.

The Coach cashin carry tote is definitely my suggestion it should be in your stated budged. 500ish USD Leather lined and comes in a huge array of colours.
Two sizes are available (not sure on the size of your laptop) so only the larger one might work.

82866C76-04BD-40CF-AD3D-6DB39C756C98.jpeg

192779C8-2240-4029-A1BB-F4A13C25B0CB.jpeg

I have a Dooney tote that I use for work. It fits everything including my lunch bag. However, I only use it for work. I carry a separate handbag.

People swear by the Michael Kors Jet Set tote. I know there are a lot that swear by Longchamp. I bought one secondhand for less than $100 and use it as a gym bag. I can’t see myself using it for work or an everyday bag.

Hi all,

I need a nice mid range leather tote. Nothing too fancy, just something I can use everyday and put my small laptop in. I've heard great reviews about the Tory Burch Perry tote and also coach. My budget is upto £400 ($500 usd)

Does anyone recommend these brands or any other brands?

Thanks everyone

How about the Marcella by Gianni Chiarini? It is a Tote bag and comes in many different styles. You can also personalize it. I have one in a Tartan cloth and it is so handy. Comes with a pouch.

gianni-chiarini-127967.jpeg

Reactions: apursenewbie
Hi there, I have the Tory Burch Perry tote and I love how sleek, minimal, and stylish it is. Before COVID when I was still at the office, I carried the Perry for over a year with almost no wear and tear. I get compliments all the time on it. The only drawback--the center zip compartment only fits a laptop up to 13", so if yours is bigger it may not be the best choice.