Need your opinions please

Dianagrace.....Here's a few pics of my 31cm Box Bolide so you can see what can fit. First pic is without anything in it, next is a pic of the stuff I would probably carry if I took a magazine and pashmina along and the last is the bag stuffed. Even though I have the shawl partly out of the bag, it could easily fit completely inside with room for either a sunglass case or bottle of water. I might suggest the next size up from the 31cm though because even tho all of this fits nicely, you might want a tad bit more room to toss stuff in. OR perhaps the 31cm in either a Togo or other soft/slouchy leather. This way it "gives" more and you get more room. I love my Bolide and will buy another when the time is right. I think a Bolide in a soft leather would totally fit the bill but perhaps the 37cm is a little on the large and heavy side.

Here goes....

Attachments

• Bolide.jpg
    Bolide.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Bstuff.jpg
    Bstuff.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Bloaded.jpg
    Bloaded.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 108
OH WOW!!! Thank you for the pictures Shopmom, they are extremely helpful. Hmmmm, maybe I can get away with a Togo 31. Your bag is so beautiful, do you find that box leather is very delicate??

I'm sorry Dianagrace I blew it! Yikes! Mine is Chamonix not Box and Chamonix is a bit more "delicate" than Box. But if I think about my experiences with my other bag that IS Box, I'd have to say that I don't find it to be problematic at all. Yes, I'm more careful with it than my Togo Kelly but I like the patina it gets. I think if you are looking for a bag that you don't have to worry about and can stuff with all your things and then some, you might really want to consider Togo or Chevre. Chevre will maintain it's shape while still being souple and Togo will be more "relaxed".

I'm not up on all the sizes of the Bolide.....is there a 34cm? Anyone?

OK...just looked it up in my little handy-dandy H booklet and NO there's a 31cm and then it jumps to 37cm. I wonder why there's nothing in between????

GORGEOUS Bolide, shopmom!! DG, I think a 37cm Bolide would be perfect! A friend of mine wore hers to a Las Vegas girls get-together last year and I got to play with her 37cm Bolide. While I could almost ride in it (well, not quite) it was fantastic and she carried it as her day bag! If you are tall, you could definitely pull it off. How about a nice, slouchy, mou clemence Bolide 37?

ooooooooo....NICE! Yeah, I think it probably needs to be a roomy 37cm too. If you want to use it for a tote more or less, then you need a little more room than the 31cm will give you.

Ninja Sue said:
GORGEOUS Bolide, shopmom!! DG, I think a 37cm Bolide would be perfect! A friend of mine wore hers to a Las Vegas girls get-together last year and I got to play with her 37cm Bolide. While I could almost ride in it (well, not quite) it was fantastic and she carried it as her day bag! If you are tall, you could definitely pull it off. How about a nice, slouchy, mou clemence Bolide 37?

I am 5'8" and, well let's just say I am not thin, so I think a 37 would probably be a better fit for me. I do like clemence leather.

Arrggggg... decisions decisions. Thanks again ladies for all your help.

dianagrace...a 37 Bolide would probably be perfect. I had a ebene 37 clemence leather which I sold to my sister-in-law which was gorgeous, but felt was a little too large for me...I am 5'3". I worry if the clemence might get a bit too heavy after loading it. I have a box Bolide 31cm which I love a lot...I even had my initials engraved on the oval in the front. It was so sharp riding with me on the train from Detroit to Chicago! The 31 is more of a handbag than a luggage/carry on/tote. Have fun looking!

Thanks Lovehermes. You really have to post some pictures of your bags one day, I am dying to see your collection.

I am beginning to think I should get a bag in box so maybe I should go with Greentea's idea of getting a Garden Party and a 31 Bolide. I think a box leather 37 Bolide would look too big. Oh well, I sitll have plenty of time to think about it.

24 said:

Slightly OT, but 24 FBG, I :heart: :heart: your sig pic! Makes me miss my bj!

DG, I dont have any of these bags, but I do like the look of the bolide a lot. In fact, I was seriously considering getting a bolide when I was in France (just in case I couldnt score a birkin). And rouge h is simply a fab choice, I think rouge h in box would look sensational, although in a bolide, I think I would prefer togo or clemence rather than box. I think bolide look more cuter with a slouchy look as oppose to the rigide look box leather gives.

dianagrace...here is my black box Bolide which I wore today.
Inside I had a LV wallet, Anthropologie catalog, cell phone, Prada flat zip pouch w/lipstick, pen and ckbk. inside)...oh and keys are somewhere else, of course. I have owned this bag for about six years and still love it!!:love: I am not afraid to use the box in the rain, snow, sunshine, wind cause it's my workhorse handbag! It is developing a beautiful patina and I've had it reconditioned about three times.

Oh BABY....she's beautiful, LH! I use mine in all weather too....oh I love the Bolides/Bugatti's! I can see another one in my future....most definately!