Need your opinions please

1. I am planning to buy another bag for my birthday this year and I have it narrowed down to one of two bags. Most days my Kelly fits everything I need but sometimes ( like if I am going to sit at the doctor's office, hair salon or when I am flying) I need to add a pashmina or cardigan and a book or a magazine. For a very long time I have wanted a Plume, however, (after being a member here for a while) I am also very drawn to the Bolide. I am trying to decide between a 32cm Plume or a 37cm Bolide. If you have both of these, which one do you prefer? Do the straps of the Plume fit comfortably over the shoulder? I like to have the option of carrying my bag on my shoulder if I need my hands free. Does the 37cm Bolide come with the shoulder strap like the Kelly? What is the best leather for each of these? I was thinking of Box if I got the Plume and Togo if I got the Bolide. I know I want the bag to be Rouge H but that is all I have decided. Any opinions and/or suggestions would be appreciated.:flowers:

2. I think you might be able to put more things in a Bolide. It also is more convenient since it has a strap, in case you need it, especially when you're travelling and need to have both your hands for your travel documents.

Now, regarding the color, I do like Rouge H more in box than togo. If you opt for a Bolide, then the box leather will give it a more formal look than slouchy togo.

3. My suggestion would definitely be the bolide as well. I like the idea of having the strap for your needs.

Rouge H is a very classy neutral.

Good luck!

4. the plume has more of a boxy shape/top and the bolide can be very open.....I love both styles actually! And rouge h -- I would try to see what is around....

5. DG, I have the 31cm Bolide and never use the shoulder strap. I'm not sure that the 37cm even comes with one. Did you check? It might be very akward to wear a bag that large with the strap. It is so formed and rigid you might not like it. Sounds like you really need a 35cm Birkin. Obviusly the problem is you would like your hands to be free.

6. How about a Massai, an LA Bag or a Whitebus for lots of room and hands-free?

7. Here's my take after trying on lots of bags.

Plume 32 Pros:
    Roomy w/o being too bulky
    extremely lightweight (good for travel)
    Cheaper than Bolide

Cons:
    Can be overwhelming on a very small frame
    No shoulder strap and carried on the elbow or in hands

Bolide 37 Pros:
    Huge
    Extremely roomy
    cute clochette and lock
    shoulder strap
    Cons:
    Even unstuffed, a 37 in something like togo will be very heavy. Might not be manageable with all the things you're originally buying it to carry.
    -will be lighter in something like chevre, but then will end up rigide and not as roomy
    Can't go day-into evening as well as Plume 32

8. Forgot to add, that I'd choose the Plume for your needs here. Or a Birkin 35, but only in Chevre. My togo is fine for my daily things but I just can't stuff it with too much.

9. Another option is to carry your Kelly as your purse and just get a garden party 35 to throw in the extra stuff you need.
    Then you can get a smaller Plume or Bolide to use as a handbag when Kelly needs a rest.

10. I'm probably in the minority here but between a Bolide 37cm and a Plume 32cm, I would go for a Plume 32cm. I think the Plume looks better in 32cm than a Bolide in 37cm, plus it can still hold a lot of things.

11. Gosh that is a hard one since both are so beautiful. If I had to choose I think I would go with the Bolide since it seems that you'd be able to fit more in it. I'd love to have one in Togo. :flowers:

12. Thank you all for your responses. :flowers: I really appreciate it. After reading through the thread I think I am leaning toward getting the Bolide. I don't know if I will be getting another Hermes bag after this one though so I really need to be sure before I put the card down. Your answers have really helped me.

I do worry about it being awkward with the strap but I probably won't use it that often, I just like the have the option.

I like the Massai but it isn't really my style. I think the White Bus is lovely too but, again, I can't see me using it. What does the LA Bag look like??

13. ^this:yes:, then a 31 bolide.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice