Need your opinions on my Edith (mismatched leather)

Apr 24, 2006
I just recieved a whisky edith from aloharag and something is bothering me about the leather matching on the bag. The front is only slightly textured, but from the back it looks like a different bag- on the right side near base of the handle the leather is really heavily textured- and the left side is pretty smooth. I love the bag, but I wish the leather was more even, that heavily textured area is already sagging a bit and the bag hasn't even been carried yet.

Ladies, what do you think?

Attachments

• edithfront.jpg
    edithfront.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 85
  • edithback.jpg
    edithback.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 85
I think this is not unusual for the Edith. I was just looking at another whiskey Edith at Nordies and the leather is just like the leather of your Edith. I'm one of the lucky few who got a Edith with pretty even pebbling in one try. :smile:

sparkledust~

i got an edith from aloharag too. mine did not come with a chloe tag and that really bothers me. did yours come with one?

Jeshinka, it is not unusual for a bag to come without a tag. However, if you pay that much for a bag you should definitely get a tag!

In regards to the mismatch leather of the Edith, that is normal. Some Ediths are pebbly in the front and smooth on the bag. Or vice versa. Typically the leather is not uniform. This is the same for paddingtons.

sparkledust, I wouldn't worry too much about it, it isn't a defect. However, you should not settle for anything but the best! Often times we will send a bag back and re-order until we land the "perfect" bag. I ordered two whiskey Ediths the first time around. One came and was too smooth and stiff. :Push: Back it went! The 2nd one came and it was perfectly wrinkled, pebbled and smooshy. :love:

I have two paddingtons and I had 1 Edith Whiskey. None of the leather on any of them were uniform. My chocolate paddington '05 had a pebbly back, smooth front. My '06 whiskey paddington is pebbled front and back but super super pebbly and squishy on the side. My Edith was pebbly on the front and back and very smooth on the sides. Most ladies prefer leather that isn't uniform as uniform leather is often thought of as "fake".

If you are unhappy with this one you should send it back. Ediths are much more available this time so you should have no problem finding another one! $1275 is a lot to spend for a bag you aren't totally satisfied with.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do! :flowers:

I was lucky enough to pick personally from 6 Ediths and there were 2 who had the same leather like yours. I picked one which was more even because I wasn't too fond on the mismatching leather. But this is an Edith problem that it can be a hit or a miss. Good luck in finding your dream Edith!