Need your opinion!

he is your boyfriend right? you love him? you can give him the money? would he do the same for you?

i would give him the money but without expecting to get it back. but that is just me i am and always was very supportive of the people around me

But then again, now that I think about it, how many of us would be aghast that a boyfriend refused to loan one of us girls a measly $300 for tuition, regardless of our other spending habits? If I had gotten into a jam and I didn't have parents to back me, I definitely would've asked my last boyfriend to help me out with tuition.

I realize I'm in the minority, but I've revised my opinion. He's in a jam, and yeah, he's made some poor decisions, but I say give him the $300. However, if you can't even be 110% certain he'd pay you back, you shouldn't be in a relationship with him.

Thanks for all the replies! My biggest thing about loaning him the money is that he just spend that much out with the boys at the bar and strip club, you know? He has known for a few months that he needed to pay tuition, and he blew it all in one night. And what made me mad was he wanted to go out again with the boys last night! To me, that's a red flag right there. If he has the money, he's not going to use it for what it should go to.

cutiepie21 said:
Thanks for all the replies! My biggest thing about loaning him the money is that he just spend that much out with the boys at the bar and strip club, you know? He has known for a few months that he needed to pay tuition, and he blew it all in one night. And what made me mad was he wanted to go out again with the boys last night! To me, that's a red flag right there. If he has the money, he's not going to use it for what it should go to.

Exactly!! Not to mention the fact that this is money your parents are giving to YOU....not to your boyfriend. :flowers: Obviously he is just assuming that he can use you like an ATM.

Not to be judgemental but if you have your life organized why even socialize with someone who is that irresponsible and whose family is that dependent on him.

I think that it's just a worse and worse situation waiting to happen. ie it osudns like his fam is just as frivoulous who can't get there heads above water. So he doesn't know any better. Maybe try and be a good friend and teach him how to manage money like an adult.

alvie223 said:
Not to be judgemental but if you have your life organized why even socialize with someone who is that irresponsible and whose family is that dependent on him.

I think that it's just a worse and worse situation waiting to happen. ie it osudns like his fam is just as frivoulous who can't get there heads above water. So he doesn't know any better. Maybe try and be a good friend and teach him how to manage money like an adult.

Isn't that a little judgmental/harsh? There are all kinds of causes that can drain a family's bank account. Maybe a family member is sick, who knows! Or maybe they have made some silly mistakes, but they're a family and hence they stick together.

There is always good, better and best. And this doesn't sound best for you. Don't give him money, give him his walking papers and tell him to go to a saving's and loan.