Need your opinion! Should I sell this bag?

Hikitten

O.G.
Aug 7, 2011
I have a small flap jersey bag that I rarely use nowadays. And since it probably won't hold up to regular use, I'm thinking if I should sell it to fund my new must have - a WOC. I know I won't make it in time for the price increase, but that's ok, I know I'll use it forever. But the jersey bag is a little special to me. I got it from a consignment store in nyc for a STEAL, it was my very first Chanel bag and I do like it. It's gray bubble jersey with matte gold hdw. It's also a nice size with no flap, so easy to use and pretty casual. But now I'm about to have my second baby and really when will I be able to use it again without getting snot, milk or throw up on it? 2020? Plus I haven't used it in about 3 years. Normally I don't like to sell my bags unless I really don't like them anymore and just to clear out space. I've had too many regrets doing it to fund another bag purchase, but I'm a stay at home mom right now and no income of my own...what do you ladies think? Sell the bag for a woc which suits my lifestyle now? or will I regret it and just wait til I'm making money again? Any advice appreciated! tia.

(To moderators: I'm not trying to solicit buyers here. I have a consignment shop ready to buy. Thx!)

When debating if I should sell a bag, I ask myself: Do I love it? Will I use it?

If the answer to both is no, away it goes. Judging from your post, you wouldn't say yes to either: you only "like it", and "haven't used it in three years." I doubt you'll miss it; I sold my first Chanel to fund something more versatile and don't have any regrets :smile:

I think you have answered your question.

Since you haven't used it for almost 3 years and the bag don't suite your life style anymore, I'd say sell it.

I love my WOCs and they are just really practical!

I know I should sell it since I don't use it. And I do love it but I think only because its Chanel. You know how those little ccs just make your heart stop. I just wonder if I'll regret it because I'm forced to sell right now since I have no funds. I can't wait to go back to making my own money to fund my obsessions. Maybe I'll try to wait. No need to rush since prices are up now.

I'm still debating what to do. I brought out the bag again to see if I could be swayed and I do love it still, it's just not very usable right now. I asked DH and he said not to sell it. Of course he doesn't know I have the WOC in my head. I have an offer from Yoogi's closet. Has anyone had any experience selling with them? I'm over selling on ebay, it's such a headache. Also, I thought maybe someday I can give this to my little girl as a starter chanel and that way she would leave my other bags alone :lol:
Isn't it cute?

Attachments

• 7215872860_81b7274c90_o.jpg
    7215872860_81b7274c90_o.jpg
    688.6 KB · Views: 743