Need your opinion ladies! Jumbo in grey or black patent leather??

princessh63, no I missed the delivery today by 10 mintues! :sad: they will re-deliver to me on Monday. I will post here my bag when it arrives.

Ok ladies the bag arrived this morning:biggrin: (well my husband went and collected from the sorting office - I couldn't until Monday) . The bag looks fine to me but I am not keen on the colour! seeing the colour close up I don't think it's for me! I have decided to send it back today for an exchange for the black patent, though the web site it showing sold out:sad:. I have taken some pics of the bag...

Attachments

• MY-CHANEL-1.JPG
    MY-CHANEL-1.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 83
  • MY-CHANEL-2.JPG
    MY-CHANEL-2.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 81
  • MY-CHANEL-3.JPG
    MY-CHANEL-3.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Shame, I do like it, I think with the right clothes, it will stand out beautifully. It is a special colour, it won't go with anything like the black. I think a lot of us think we will ever only buy one, but the reality is, you will buy another one in different colour even if you get a black one - black goes with everything but it can be boring. Have another think before returning it, as soon as you return it, it will be bought by someone else. Good luck.

Last edited:
Shame, I do like it, I think with the right clothes, it will stand out beautifully. It is a special colour, it won't go with anything like the black. I think a lot of us think we will ever only buy one, but the reality is, you will buy another one in different colour even if you get a black one - black goes with everything but it can be boring. Have another think before returning it, as soon as you return it, it will be bought by someone else. Good luck.

Um!! don't tell me this, I have already boxed it and my hubby is going to the post office to sent it back:sweatdrop: I am confused..... help...

Ok ladies the bag arrived this morning:biggrin: (well my husband went and collected from the sorting office - I couldn't until Monday) . The bag looks fine to me but I am not keen on the colour! seeing the colour close up I don't think it's for me! I have decided to send it back today for an exchange for the black patent, though the web site it showing sold out:sad:. I have taken some pics of the bag...

Glad you've received it! What is the serial number and are you going to post pictures of the hologram etc. I tried to take pictures on my camera and the two mobile phones we have but none were clear enough for authentication!! Desperate to know whether it really i real or not!! x:nuts:

Um!! don't tell me this, I have already boxed it and my hubby is going to the post office to sent it back:sweatdrop: I am confused..... help...

sorry to confuse you, go with your heart, look at it again (if you haven't post it back yet), does it put a smile on your face or you still doubt it, if you are still not sure, this is not the bag for you. Don't worry, there are so many Chanel bags out every season, :nuts: you bound to find another bag again you cannot resist. It happens to me all the time. :lolots:

It was always my understanding that Chanel would never allow their products to be sold on-line and it now appears that the company involved in these sales are now showing 'no Chanel products'. I really hope and would expect that full refunds will be given to both members here. Really sorry that you have both had to go through this uncertainty.

Glad you've received it! What is the serial number and are you going to post pictures of the hologram etc. I tried to take pictures on my camera and the two mobile phones we have but none were clear enough for authentication!! Desperate to know whether it really i real or not!! x:nuts:

I didn't take a pic of the hologram, I realised as soon as I saw the colour I was not going to keep it, I took a few pics of the bag to show here. Though I did keep a copy of the receipt and that shows the serial number of the bag - 13228103. Also this number was stuck outside the Chanel box under a barcode sticker and next to this there was small sticker saying 'made in italy'. Also there was a larger sticker with a small photo of the bag and some other barcode numbers (i can't remmember excatly what else was on this sticker). I hope this helps! I just want to know now if they still have the black available to exchange with, I called their number but they seem to be closed until Monday, I will try again then. Hope all works out for you princessh63:smile:

sorry to confuse you, go with your heart, look at it again (if you haven't post it back yet), does it put a smile on your face or you still doubt it, if you are still not sure, this is not the bag for you. Don't worry, there are so many Chanel bags out every season, :nuts: you bound to find another bag again you cannot resist. It happens to me all the time. :lolots:

Thanks Liszt Horowitz! its gone back! my hubby sent it back earlier!

I didn't take a pic of the hologram, I realised as soon as I saw the colour I was not going to keep it, I took a few pics of the bag to show here. Though I did keep a copy of the receipt and that shows the serial number of the bag - 13228103. Also this number was stuck outside the Chanel box under a barcode sticker and next to this there was small sticker saying 'made in italy'. Also there was a larger sticker with a small photo of the bag and some other barcode numbers (i can't remmember excatly what else was on this sticker). I hope this helps! I just want to know now if they still have the black available to exchange with, I called their number but they seem to be closed until Monday, I will try again then. Hope all works out for you princessh63:smile:

Oh well....they'll probably have my black one when I send it back so maybe you can have that one if you are okay with the authenticity. Maybe i just got the dud and all the others are okay. I suppose if they have bought a few they maybe didn't scrutinise them all. I checked the box and dust bag as well on mine and they seemed off from the genuine ones too so just want my money back now. Already got my eyes on something else!!

Ok, I must say something here since I authenticate bags. Serial no. 13228103 is too low of a serial number to be a Fall 2010 bag. Fall bags are in the 139xxxxx series. My Fall 2009 is in the 130xxxxx series. Chanel bags and wallets will soon move into the 140xxxxx series, so this 13228103 number is TOO low and the price in itself is already a big red flag!

Oh well....they'll probably have my black one when I send it back so maybe you can have that one if you are okay with the authenticity. Maybe i just got the dud and all the others are okay. I suppose if they have bought a few they maybe didn't scrutinise them all. I checked the box and dust bag as well on mine and they seemed off from the genuine ones too so just want my money back now. Already got my eyes on something else!!

If you haven't sent it back yet, please try this approach to take a clear and close up picture of the hologram sticker, it's really easy and works for me everytime.

1) set camera to macro setting (tulip icon)

2) Turn off flash (lightning icon)

3) using bright lights or natural lights or even a flash light, point directly to the hologram sticker

4) adjust lens to focus

ITA with Sophie. Authentic brand new Chanel is not sold on line, period. They only sell in the boutiques and their authorized retailers e.g., NM, Nordstroms, Bergdorf, etc.
Any website purporting to sell brand new Chanel bags online are selling fakes.

Ok, I must say something here since I authenticate bags. Serial no. 13228103 is too low of a serial number to be a Fall 2010 bag. Fall bags are in the 139xxxxx series. My Fall 2009 is in the 130xxxxx series. Chanel bags and wallets will soon move into the 140xxxxx series, so this 13228103 number is TOO low and the price in itself is already a big red flag!

I think the style is from spring 2010 not fall 2010 because when I called up to ask for my coupon code I asked lots of questions and the lady mentioned to me it was from previous collection, maybe thats why the number is different?
I wonder if the retail price is correct, I think I will call Chanel in Bond St and ask the retail price for this style... will let you know.

I think the style is from spring 2010 not fall 2010 because when I called up to ask for my coupon code I asked lots of questions and the lady mentioned to me it was from previous collection, maybe thats why the number is different?
I wonder if the retail price is correct, I think I will call Chanel in Bond St and ask the retail price for this style... will let you know.

there was no grey patent for spring.... I have the gray patent jumbo and it was from fall.

Be careful! With all these questions about authenticity, it would be much better to buy straight from a boutique so you don't have doubts!