Need your opinion between Accordion and GST

annechinky

Nov 6, 2009
Hi girls!

I just need your opinion, my sisters and I went to Saks last Friday And I ended up buying the Accodion bag in dark beige (see photos below), but I've always wanted the GST. Its just that when I saw the Accordion I absolutely loved it! I already have the PST so my sisters were discouraging me not to get the GST and I have the Medallion tote, so if I get the GST it will be my 3rd tote. But I still keep thinking about the GST so I dont know if I should return the Accordion which I also love but still thinking about the GST which Ive been drooling about since last year. I'm just torn between the two styles and both have the same price.

Pleae help me decide everyone! Thanks a lot!!!

image-1533406304.jpg

image-3017777625.jpg

I think the accordion seems to look big on you. Anyway i think your current collection seems to comprise of those CC quilted logo, how about adding something different?
May I suggest the boy chanel accordion flap?
Or maybe the chain me tote which is about the size of GST, also with CC quilted logo though but with added chain design.

cynthiaw112 said:
I prefer the accordion since most ppl said the GST is hard to carry on shoulder, how much is it now? Any other colors?

Thanks for your opinion. GST is still USD2900 same as this Accordion. As for color, do you mean the GST or Accordion?

soxx said:
I think the accordion seems to look big on you. Anyway i think your current collection seems to comprise of those CC quilted logo, how about adding something different?
May I suggest the boy chanel accordion flap?
Or maybe the chain me tote which is about the size of GST, also with CC quilted logo though but with added chain design.

Thanks soxx. I'm into big bags because I have tons of stuff :smile: I havent seen any chain me tote in the store to be honest, I'll still think about it though. Thanks again!

I'm in favour of the GST cos she is a classic and I'm a sucker for classic.

I too find that the accordion flap looks too big for you and the shape isn't too flattering.

Change the accordion flap to a GST since you're still thinking hard about her :smile: By creating this thread, it shows that you've kind of regretted getting the accordion.

Good Luck :smile:

I prefer the Accordion. The GST sags on the bottom corners over time and is a little more casual since it's a tote.
The Accordion will maintain it's shape and is a better bag to transition day to night IMO.

If you absolutely love the accordion, you should keep it. I think the one strike against GST in your case is that you already have the PST - unless you can unload that. But the GST is more popular and thus if you ever wanted to sell it, you could get a good price.

If you're not sure - just RETURN IT until you are sure.

You're still thinking about the GST after getting this. That should tell you that you won't be happy until you have the GST. I like the GST (it's a classic & will increase it's price soon) but I have doubts about it because you already have the PST. I think you should have one or the other, not both. Ideally, I think you should sell your PST & put the funds towards a GST. I'm just not a fan of the accordian.

GST. Classic. Versatile. Although heavy, great for traveling. When you have kids, you can use it as a diaper bag too. I absolutely love my GST. you better buy it now before another price increase.

Thanks everyone! I am giving myself until tomorrow to decide. One of the reasons I'm still thinking about the GST is because its roomy . I have a 5 yr old son and 7mos pregnant so when I have to run errands I can definitely put a lot of stuff in it. But, I really love the style of the Accordion and something different in my collection since having a GST will be my 3rd tote. I really wish I can afford both! Lol!

I'm a die hard tote girl, it's almost all I own :biggrin:
But the saggy corners bother me on a GST, and although Classic Flaps are not for me, my Accordion is one of my faves!

annechinky said:
Thanks everyone! I am giving myself until tomorrow to decide. One of the reasons I'm still thinking about the GST is because its roomy . I have a 5 yr old son and 7mos pregnant so when I have to run errands I can definitely put a lot of stuff in it. But, I really love the style of the Accordion and something different in my collection since having a GST will be my 3rd tote. I really wish I can afford both! Lol!

we traveled to NYC when my daughter is 3 mos and my son is 2.5 yrs old. I was surprised how roomy the GST. It carried the iPad, makeup kit, wallets, pacifier, hotwheel cars...Oh my G! And easy access, advantageous if you have two impatient fellas. And i didn't have to bring my classic flap out at night...