Need your honest opinion...calling white birkin owners.

J*adore

Aug 28, 2008
Hi there, can i get some opinion on white birkins?

I have till tomorrow to decide on a 40 white epsom. I am looking for orange actually, and this came available. Thought I'll just look at it to see how a 40 looks on me. I should have known better that it's a really bad idea. and guess what...I fell in love with it. My SM told me alot of people are scared of white..but she has one, and in her opinion, it doesnt get dirty as easily as what everyone thinks.

I tried it on...and think it's a real beauty. definitely easy to wear. Now i think 35 is a little small.. :P I can wait to get orange..but who am i kidding here??? i'm not going stop at the orange. Just never thought of white, so not very prepared.

My collection includes:
35 Black Togo PHW
35 RG Togo PHW
35 Parchemin Togo ghw
35 gold togo phw

So tell me what you think...honestly. TIA

PS: Am I out of control? My sister thinks I'm going H-insane.

You like the size after trying it on, you like the colour, epsom in white is easier to maintain and it's not going to be your last B incl. the orange. I say, go for it.

definitely do a search on 'white' and you'll see lots of discussion around white bags. i personally love white birkins. i have a white clemence kelly and i love it. i carried it everyday one summer and i was surprised how i managed to not get it dirty. and i hear epsom is a lot easier than clemence - you can wipe it down with a baby wipe. white bags are sent to paris to be 're-painted' so it'll come back looking pristine white again! i say if you love it - go for it!

definitely do a search on 'white' and you'll see lots of discussion around white bags. i personally love white birkins. i have a white clemence kelly and i love it. i carried it everyday one summer and i was surprised how i managed to not get it dirty. and i hear epsom is a lot easier than clemence - you can wipe it down with a baby wipe. white bags are sent to paris to be 're-painted' so it'll come back looking pristine white again! i say if you love it - go for it!

Thanks KM. This is really useful to know too.

I'd say go for it! I don't have a white bag, but I do have white epsom belt (talk about color transfer yikes), and I wear it with dark jeans a lot. It looked awful for a few months of rubbing against my dark jeans. But then itook it in, and Pierre got rid of the dark transfer in 3 minutes flat and it looked spanking new again. I was told the trick is to get rid of the color transfer asap (and by that it meant less than a few months time, which I am sure it won't happen to you!). So Id say go for it. What hardware are you thinking about? I love it with ghw but phw looks very chic and hip as well!

GL on your decision! :tup:

Reactions: takemymoney
Even if you have 35 Parchemin Togo ghw I think white is totally different. I don't know which hardware it'll have I'd rather PHW on a larger bag but it may still work with GHW

I think epsom in a 40 will make the bag look a little more casual. Summer or winter, worn in different ways I think it will be a stunning bag.

really?? that's good to know

Though it's easier to maintain, epsom is not slouchy. In a 40, slouchy is better if you do not want to hand-held the B all the time and it's more comfortable if you want to place onto your shoulders. Depends on your personal preferences.:smile: Boxcalf in a 40 is the best, imho.

Last edited: