Need your help !!

Ok, so I'm thinking about getting either the Classic Maxi or Jumbo Flap bag but thats not my problem.

I have a Chanel black lambskin french wallet with silver hardware but for my bag I think I want caviar leather (cause I'll be using it regularly) with gold hardware.

I don't want my wallet and bag to not match so should I get silver hardware instead?! Or should I sell my wallet and buy a new one to match the bag?

Need your help!! Please respond! :confused1:

I'm thinking about that too (: I'm usually anal about everything matching but its not like you'll be seeing the wallet with the bag constantly! Thanks for responding !

Oh and would you recommend to get the Maxi or Jumbo Classic Flap ?

Jumbo or maxi ---you should get the bag that suits your needs. If you need the extra room, then get the maxi. Personally, I prefer the jumbo because I think it's the most versatile for anyone. Try both on at the boutique & pick the one you like the best. If you're still unsure, post pics on here. IMO, people will notice your bag before they notice your wallet. If you like the GH better then I think you should get the GH. It shouldn't make that much of a difference because I think the color hardware can be interchangeable. Personally, I'm a GH kind of girl but my bag & wallet rarely match because I'm always switching bags & don't have time to change my wallets. You should keep your wallet. I'm sure you'll get around to buying both color hardwares for your purses eventually.

Last edited:
Thanks !! You girls are really helping my decision !! :smile: And right now, as this will be my first Chanel purse purchase, I think I would regret it if I got silver hardware. Since I'm making such an expensive purchase I should get what I really want. And like you said, queenofchic, I'll probably be buying another soone enough !! :biggrin:

Thanks for the responses !! Keep them coming !! :biggrin:

What will you need to fit in it? If it's going to be an everyday bag and you need to fit folders etc. for work then go for the Maxi... Although make sure it's the new Maxi that supposedly wont get wings...

you can do a search for info on the maxi wings, here's an example of what they are talking about:
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/wings-with-your-maxi-414282.html

the new maxi is shaped differently and the caviar is the normal, sturdy caviar and not the washed caviar (softer) on the previous maxi. the new maxi looks like a larger jumbo vs. the older one having a shorter flap and bigger cc's.

i recommend trying both on in order to decide. it depends on how big you want your bag to be and how much you carry. a jumbo seems to be big enough for most people and is a classic size. good luck deciding! :biggrin:

you should go for the gold hardware since that's what you want. i like the gold too! i know what you mean about wanting the hardware on your wallet to match but i don't think it's that big of a deal. also, i think the classic lambskin accessories only come in silver hardware? that's what an SA told me but i'm not sure if she knows what she's talking about. have you seen wallets with gold hardware?

Thank you so much everyone ! You're all really helping with my decision !!

shells - thank you soooo much ! when ive seen picture of the old maxi i didnt like the short flap, so thanks for telling me about the new one ! But jumbo is also sounding good!

ChanellenahC - I've never seen classic lambskin accessories with gold hardware either ! But the Chanel boutiques I have around here dont usually have that many accessories. Do you think the caviar accessories have it ?

FashionGlamour - Thank youuuu !! :biggrin: