Need your help: which dress yo wear to wedding

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi,
    My cousin is getting married this Sunday. I've narrowed it down to these 2 dresses. Please help me decide which to wear. One is floor length silk while the other is short and black (i can remove the flower belt. i have a patent leather bow i can use instead if you all think that is more appropriate.
    I appreciate any and all feedback!

image-2754737195.jpg image-1583720208.jpg
  2. I like the floor length one better. The black is nice too, but a bit casual. But if you would go for the black one after all, I'd say mix it with shoes in a vibrant color or maybe even metallic (gold or silver ones).

3. Floor length! Personally I really dislike black for weddings. I also think the maxi dress looks nicer on you.

4. The long dress looks better on you.

5. Thank you, ladies! Im leaning towards the long dress. My concern w the long one is dancing w and chasing my 8 and 5 yr olds that will be with us.
    Just for reference, I'm 5'3", 118lbs, and DH is well over a foot taller then me.. Do you think the long dress makes me look "stumpy" especially when I'm next to my 6'5 giant hubby? I've never worn a floor length dress before.. Well out of my comfort zone!
    Thanks again for your comments!

6. long dress :smile: And no it won't make you look 'stumpy' lol

7. Long!

8. Love the maxi!

9. Definitely maxi - very glamorous.

10. I actually like them both - but what I don't like the black shoes you're wearing with the short dress in the pic, I think you need something more neutral.

11. Hmmm.. Thank you. What would you suggest instead of black shoes? What neutral? A beige or red perhaps

12. Long dress. Beautiful!

13. Thank you all... Long dress wins! I was going to keep the black to wear when I meet my DH in NYC for a night out but I think I'm going to return it.

14. I mean the style of the shoes - should be more neutral, I think the design on your black shoes is a bit overwhelming - the eye just goes straight to the shoes - perhaps something more strappy or plain? And perhaps make your clutch or jewellry the feature? I think colorwise beige or red (plain design) would also look cute!

15. I think the black dress could be a great staple piece if you styled it differently. I would pair it with a plainer shoe (those were lovely but a little distracting with the full skirt). I would also remove the flower and add a different belt. Can you re-post a pic of the black dress re-styled? I think it could look more sophisticated if it was toned down a bit.