Need your help!! What should I do?

JudyDenver

Apr 1, 2010
I just mailed a gray medium veneta back to Carmel (just didn't love the color and the opening is too small). The large, although amazing, is just too much for me. I don't carry much everyday. I'm 5'6", 120, 50+ (don't work)

I did not ask the return policy when I purchased the veneta so now have a $1870 credit. Looks like I'm definitely buying something (although I would prefer a refund)

The SA suggested the double handle tote 179320 (want to stay under $3000) He said the cinch factor is unique and makes it more secure than an open tote. (13" x 10") but on the website under Shoulder Bags it's called Napa Bag which comes in 2 sizes: 13w x 10.5H or 15.5 w x 10.5 H. Does the 13 w look small?

Does anyone have this bag? Are the straps long enough to wear comfortably as a shoulder bag?

I have the black bucket. I definitely need a neutral bag and always end up with black. I am intrigued with the brown but having reservations. With the big price hike of the veneta, I am afraid to wait until spring to see colors. Should I take a chance and wait?

Really could use some advice on size and color of the tote--don't want to make another mistake. (or if you aren't crazy about the tote, please let me know! ) I need to let the SA know in a few days what I want to do.

thanks

The bag the SA suggests is known as the Bella Bag. Do a search for that and you will find good insights on the bag. I see it comes in Monalisa. It's a very pretty purple. That might be a good choice. If Carmel can track it down in Walnut (if still available), that'd be very neutral.

I'm having this thought that the small Campana might be good for you. A bit of hobo but refined. Good drop. The BV website has it in fume, a very pale grey. There are lots of photos on Amanda Siefried(sp?) carrying her fume pillow to get a sense of the color.

I just mailed a gray medium veneta back to Carmel (just didn't love the color and the opening is too small). The large, although amazing, is just too much for me. I don't carry much everyday. I'm 5'6", 120, 50+ (don't work)

I did not ask the return policy when I purchased the veneta so now have a $1870 credit. Looks like I'm definitely buying something (although I would prefer a refund)

The SA suggested the double handle tote 179320 (want to stay under $3000) He said the cinch factor is unique and makes it more secure than an open tote. (13" x 10") but on the website under Shoulder Bags it's called Napa Bag which comes in 2 sizes: 13w x 10.5H or 15.5 w x 10.5 H. Does the 13 w look small?

Does anyone have this bag? Are the straps long enough to wear comfortably as a shoulder bag?

I have the black bucket. I definitely need a neutral bag and always end up with black. I am intrigued with the brown but having reservations. With the big price hike of the veneta, I am afraid to wait until spring to see colors. Should I take a chance and wait?

Really could use some advice on size and color of the tote--don't want to make another mistake. (or if you aren't crazy about the tote, please let me know! ) I need to let the SA know in a few days what I want to do.

thanks

Sorry to be so inept, but I am not finding anything on "Bella Bag" when I put it in the search (other than one short discussion). What am I doing wrong?

I do not have the medium Veneta but I do have the Bella bag and the large Veneta. (I think the Bella bag is an informal name.) Here are the side by side comparisons. I love both of them. I am 5' 2" and the large Veneta is not too big for me at all; it's very stiff when new but after it softens up, it hangs so nicely.

I will give more of my thoughts later. :smile:

Attachments

• Bella bag-Large Veneta compare 1-.jpg
    Bella bag-Large Veneta compare 1-.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 480
  • Bella bag-Large Veneta compare 2--.jpg
    Bella bag-Large Veneta compare 2--.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
Kelsey--On the website, there are 2 sizes of the Bella 13" wide and 15.5" --oddly enough, both are the same price. Which size is the purple one you posted?

thanks for the photos--so helpful! The SA narrowed down my choices to exactly what you posted--the large Veneta and the Bella. I am on my way to Neimans to try on the large Veneta. The large Veneta will not remain at $2350 much longer--the new one is more than $2800.

Kelsey--On the website, there are 2 sizes of the Bella 13" wide and 15.5" --oddly enough, both are the same price. Which size is the purple one you posted?

thanks for the photos--so helpful! The SA narrowed down my choices to exactly what you posted--the large Veneta and the Bella. I am on my way to Neimans to try on the large Veneta. The large Veneta will not remain at $2350 much longer--the new one is more than $2800.

There is only one size Bella. It's probably a mix up between height and length.

The length of mine (at the base) is 13" and the height is 10 1/2" - see photo. Also the depth is 5". The 13" one holds as much as the large Veneta. If you think the large Veneta is too large for you, the 15.5" Bella will definitely be huge on you. I wasn't aware of the 2 sizes. Good luck on your decision.

Attachments

• Bella bag-Large Veneta compare 2--size of Bella.jpg
    Bella bag-Large Veneta compare 2--size of Bella.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 383
JD - from what I can remember, you wanted a top zip bag. Have you considered this one in the screen capture. Boxermom has one this size (larger of the 2 sizes) in Appia and it is gorgeous.

Attachments

• baglikeBoxerMoms.jpg
    baglikeBoxerMoms.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 354

thanks
i've been liking this bag as well. i like the adjustable handle a lot. i think bella is a tpf name for the bag.
if you weren't informed about the return policy bv should issue you a refund.

thanks

About the tote, I am not crazy about it (to borrow from your own phrasing). I've only tried it on once or twice, though. I can wear both handles over the shoulder, but I prefer my old-style Venetas any day, both in terms of comfort/ease of use and in terms of style. I have both a medium Veneta (nero) and a large Veneta (ebano), and though I don't carry enough to fill the large Veneta, It didn't stop me from going for it. Back to the tote, I also am not partial to the cinch-able handles, because it looks awkward on me when it's turned into a single strap. I am 5'2" and around 105, if that helps any.

Good luck deciding. If a refund isn't possible, I would wait for something you really want instead of choosing something under duress.

thanks

May I suggest you try campana or cervo. Both are great as shoulder bags, wide opening but less bulky and carries heaps! Good luck deciding!

AT the moment, Carmel is searching for the fume Large Veneta--emailing buyers in Italy to search. They are not optimistic so I have a black on hold since only 2 remain at the $2350 price. The new ones will definitely be 20% more and I cannot justify spending extra $$ for color--the new re designed Large Veneta will come in a light taupe called Sand.

The frustrating part is that I saw the bag I want at Neimans today (light gray large veneta) but Carmel won't refund my money. I was not verbally told the return policy but it's clearly stated at the bottom of the receipt which I signed. I am sure I will love the black but it's not my first choice since I already have a black bucket.

AT the moment, Carmel is searching for the fume Large Veneta--emailing buyers in Italy to search. They are not optimistic so I have a black on hold since only 2 remain at the $2350 price. The new ones will definitely be 20% more and I cannot justify spending extra $$ for color--the new re designed Large Veneta will come in a light taupe called Sand.

The frustrating part is that I saw the bag I want at Neimans today (light gray large veneta) but Carmel won't refund my money. I was not verbally told the return policy but it's clearly stated at the bottom of the receipt which I signed. I am sure I will love the black but it's not my first choice since I already have a black bucket.

BV Nero is great. I think it is classic and will last forever. Fume is light color, so you have to be careful with the color transfer. I love the Nero and. I have one in Campana and one in Large Veneta.

I definitely need a neutral bag and always end up with black. I am intrigued with the brown but having reservations. With the big price hike of the veneta, I am afraid to wait until spring to see colors. Should I take a chance and wait?

You can get some ideas about the spring colors by checking out the BV website for crossbody bags. The crossbody bag called Pillow is already shown in many new colors. They all are quite pretty but very light. There is a color called "New Light Grey" that is a shade darker than "New Sand". I expect that Venetas would be available in at least some of the spring colors. It's also worth looking at Neiman Marcus and Saks websites as they started posting the Cruise collection.