Need your help to decide for mens bag.. Please..

wgra020

May 1, 2010
Dear all ladies and gents 😊

I hope that you are all well. Since my last post I finally bought the MC2 in vert fonce gator. Anyway now I am torn to choose the right bag for me that I can carry to work/casual. I have to exclude HAC or Sac de Peche for this (sorry if I pronounced it wrong).

The store offer me quiet good option but I need your advice.

They know that I love vert fonce so the styles they have in this colour are garden party 36 (i believe too small for me Nd hand carry, not preferable), jypsierre 31, and barda. This is all in vert Fonce colour. Also, they offfer me Medor in box calf in this colour with GHW, they want me to have it but not sure whether its too feminime to carry or will be a waste.

Other than that, I have put my interest on oxer.. They reserve for me in bamboo and black.. Which one??

Am so confused right now and not knowing which one to go for. Noo i am not thinking go get everything.. At least one of them.. But just wNt to get something right.. H design and so on..

Please help !! 😭😭😭

Though not a choice in the mix, I'd go for barenia because I lust for barenia. Between bamboo and black, I would choose black. It is so basic, easiest to coordinate and the easiest to dare I say touch up if/when need be. My hitch with bamboo is you may tire of it. As you know there is green that is softer, more subtle and there is GREEN. If this piece is going to see daily use then I double my vote for black.

What kind of bag are you looking for? Let's start there. Do you want an everyday bag, a clutch bag, travel, business?

Are you excluding other style options just for the sheer fact that you only want Vert Fonce or are you open to other styles in other colors? Perhaps the Jypsiere would be good for you (although I would go bigger than 31, personally).

As a guy, I love my Evelyne for everyday so a Jypsiere with all of that extra umph from the hardware would be nice for you (I'm guessing you like that extra pop due to the fact that you are toying with a Medor clutch ;) )

Let me know what you're thinking...I love a good bag brainstorm! :biggrin:

Though not a choice in the mix, I'd go for barenia because I lust for barenia. Between bamboo and black, I would choose black. It is so basic, easiest to coordinate and the easiest to dare I say touch up if/when need be. My hitch with bamboo is you may tire of it. As you know there is green that is softer, more subtle and there is GREEN. If this piece is going to see daily use then I double my vote for black.

Thank you for your advicez yes I am just crazeeeyy about anything in green. I got recently ulysee in bamboo thats why am just trying to imagine myself going in corporate world with bamboo on my shoulder or hand carry will be bit off putting ay? Uhm.. Dilemma.. But i was thinking black colour more useful but as for size since oxer doesnt have adjustable strap, will it be okay?

So i guess we score out barda or jypsiere?

What kind of bag are you looking for? Let's start there. Do you want an everyday bag, a clutch bag, travel, business?

Are you excluding other style options just for the sheer fact that you only want Vert Fonce or are you open to other styles in other colors? Perhaps the Jypsiere would be good for you (although I would go bigger than 31, personally).

As a guy, I love my Evelyne for everyday so a Jypsiere with all of that extra umph from the hardware would be nice for you (I'm guessing you like that extra pop due to the fact that you are toying with a Medor clutch ;) )

Let me know what you're thinking...I love a good bag brainstorm! :biggrin:

Hey you.. Thanks for the advice. Well i need bit mix function really.. Ideal for corporate as i m meeting clients most of the time and travel alot.. So i want to match up my style which is smart casual really. Unfortunately the reason i was offered that jypsiere just because the colour.. No particular mind about hardware n so on..

Medor clutch is just abit bonus really �� but at this point not sure if i shud take it either.. I mean as i am growing up i know what style which fit my lifestyle and gent style in general.. Clutch with big stud will be ?? I do have cdc with ghw in black gator.

So jypsiere 31 or oxer at this stage?? What do u think about oxer? Good size.. I saw barda in vert fonce colour but not sure if i fall in love with the bag or the colour as the deaign is way too common IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear all ladies and gents ��

I hope that you are all well. Since my last post I finally bought the MC2 in vert fonce gator. Anyway now I am torn to choose the right bag for me that I can carry to work/casual. I have to exclude HAC or Sac de Peche for this (sorry if I pronounced it wrong).

The store offer me quiet good option but I need your advice.

They know that I love vert fonce so the styles they have in this colour are garden party 36 (i believe too small for me Nd hand carry, not preferable), jypsierre 31, and barda. This is all in vert Fonce colour. Also, they offfer me Medor in box calf in this colour with GHW, they want me to have it but not sure whether its too feminime to carry or will be a waste.

Other than that, I have put my interest on oxer.. They reserve for me in bamboo and black.. Which one??

Am so confused right now and not knowing which one to go for. Noo i am not thinking go get everything.. At least one of them.. But just wNt to get something right.. H design and so on..

Please help !! ������

Thank you for your advicez yes I am just crazeeeyy about anything in green. I got recently ulysee in bamboo thats why am just trying to imagine myself going in corporate world with bamboo on my shoulder or hand carry will be bit off putting ay? Uhm.. Dilemma.. But i was thinking black colour more useful but as for size since oxer doesnt have adjustable strap, will it be okay?

So i guess we score out barda or jypsiere?

Fellow green-fanatic here. :wave:

Congrats on your MC2

1. I don't know how tall/big you are but for a man I'll hazard a guess GP 36 will be too small for you.

2. Metdor? A very certain type of a man could carry this off. I'm think polished dark style or fabulous metro fashionista. I think it is a fierce bag but (and I can say this as a E. European) on most men a little like wearing a gold medallion PLUS gold knuckle duster. It will be a gorgeous bag though.

3. Jypsie 31 may be a good choice. Barda is OK but seems boring in comparison, it could be any make :ninja:

4. Oxer in black would be a good bet. Certainly a great bag for a man, sleek, interesting but no bling hw. I don't know which leather your ulysee is. I have Bambou, but it's Swift, very different than Clemence. Bambou plus shine is a world away from the Bambou Oxer. Look at the Bambou version (I've seen it, loved it but too big for me and it is a LOT of bright green and am happy with my 'leafy' smaller bag) really if this is a corporate work bag, I think it has enough going on in black.

Have you considered a kelly depeche 38 in VF boxcalf?

If you are not in any hurry, the store can/should be happy to order that for you.

I am not crazy about the choices you offered for a corporate setting. Seems too casual unless u work in a creative industry. Even then, you can probably only get away with a Jypsiere 34. They can order it or do a global transfer. Anything less and you will have problem fitting in a laptop.

Fellow green-fanatic here. :wave:

Congrats on your MC2

1. I don't know how tall/big you are but for a man I'll hazard a guess GP 36 will be too small for you.

2. Metdor? A very certain type of a man could carry this off. I'm think polished dark style or fabulous metro fashionista. I think it is a fierce bag but (and I can say this as a E. European) on most men a little like wearing a gold medallion PLUS gold knuckle duster. It will be a gorgeous bag though.

3. Jypsie 31 may be a good choice. Barda is OK but seems boring in comparison, it could be any make :ninja:

4. Oxer in black would be a good bet. Certainly a great bag for a man, sleek, interesting but no bling hw. I don't know which leather your ulysee is. I have Bambou, but it's Swift, very different than Clemence. Bambou plus shine is a world away from the Bambou Oxer. Look at the Bambou version (I've seen it, loved it but too big for me and it is a LOT of bright green and am happy with my 'leafy' smaller bag) really if this is a corporate work bag, I think it has enough going on in black.

Hello there!! Another green fanatic.. Wave wave

Okay as for the option.. Medor is good clutch as its in bix calf as well and my fave colour but GHW wow too much gold.. As I do have CDC in black gator GHW ended up there in my closet after dew times wearing it. As I am growing up I am turning 30 soon my clothig choice evolve and work kinda big for me. I came from fashion industry background and now more into govermental/ez pat encironment so first impression is number one. And carrying clutch for the event or casual i dont know how long it will last unless i have sometone to pass this when i get bored of it..

As i told earlier clutch is just a bonus they offer to me.. Not even in my mind and i dunno whether i was trapped with the idea havig it because i am in love with the style or the colour cos this cud be dangerous..

As for what I am lookig now i need bag that I can carry to work casually to office or meeting client.. I believe for the argument we have a winner for oxer.. But once again ghe strap is not adjustable.. Will it look funny for guy with suit wearing it? Need your guys advice on this? Anyone with modeling pic.. Try to imagine.. As the bag not arrive yet in my local store but both colour reserved for me so i can ask them to score out bambou.
Only if they made it in vert fonce i get it in a bit as im in love with thr style..

As for my agenda its in clemence in bambou.. Hhaah can u imagine puttinfb it out in meeting room i hope it will blend well with me..

Thank u for lovely helpig advice.. 👍😊

Have you considered a kelly depeche 38 in VF boxcalf?

If you are not in any hurry, the store can/should be happy to order that for you.

I am not crazy about the choices you offered for a corporate setting. Seems too casual unless u work in a creative industry. Even then, you can probably only get away with a Jypsiere 34. They can order it or do a global transfer. Anything less and you will have problem fitting in a laptop.

Hellow there.. Yes i acore out the briefcase thingy as I know after a while carrying it you will feel the weight.. Thats why bag looks good hand carry and has optional strap will be a winner for me..

HAC or Birkin or Sac or Kelly Depeche lovely even with box!! Yummy.. But not for this particular need.. We have to maintain our desire ladies n gents.. Cud be dangerous jn H trap :smile:

The other thing I have heard Vert fonce not offered every season.. Sad.. But any other advice i will appreciate it..

Many thanks tho 😊

I think the oxer would be perfect - and I agree that black would work best if you want it in the office. It's got a more masculine vibe than the others (if that is important to you) and I think could work casually or in a business environment.

I think the oxer would be perfect - and I agree that black would work best if you want it in the office. It's got a more masculine vibe than the others (if that is important to you) and I think could work casually or in a business environment.

Thank u for the advice.. Defo for oxer then.. I just hope gents has some modeling pic. Btw love ur pic.. Liza Minelli rocks