Need your help the Insolite: Yes or No

kae502

May 31, 2014
I just purchased my first wallet a prelovedcompact zippy da (I haven’t even received it yet) and now I am eyeing apreloved insolite multi. It would be my first multi color. What do all of youthink about the insolite?

The Insolite DE was my very first LV purchase.. I thought I could get used to it and learn to love it over time, but it's just not convenient for me, esp. when paying with cash and coins which I store on the inside (I use the outside pocket for receipts). It's manageable when paying with card, but I find myself stashing my receipts in the middle of the wallet and then snapping it shut because it's so much quicker this way. This can get messy very quickly.. Also, the snaps don't always align when snapping close. It does make my cards look pretty when I open it though.. That's my two cents. :smile:

Thank you so much for your input. I am really bad with receipts so the insolite might not help me much. And coins goes strait to the bottom of my handbag. LOL

I sold my insolite and now have 3 zippys. My insolite was inconvenient with the snaps and the cc slots stretched out (and I did not double up on cards!) I would advise against the insolite.

I don't like wallets that open up flat-- I prefer to keep my money and cards private. Also, I've read that the slots stretch out over time and your cards might slip out. I would get a Sarah or Zippy!

I wouldn't sell the zippy to get the Insolite, but I would save up so I could have both. Both wallets are TDF in my opinion, but for different reasons.

ITA. Of all my long wallets, I found myself reaching for my mono rayure insolite the least, despite having spent so long trying to locate one in mint condition on the preloved market. It's an undeniably beautiful wallet and I love it's slim design, gorgeous interior and generous card slots, but it's so unpractical. To have my wallet wide open for all to see just to pull out my credit card made me feel a little insecure. I prefer sarah-style wallets where I can maintain a little privacy as well as quick access to my most used cards.

Hope this helps, and good luck deciding!

I love flat opening wallets. I don't open them flat on a germ infested store counter for all to see; I just open them like a book in my hand, either horizontally or vertically depending on the wallet. The interior only faces me. It isn't an issue at all. :smile:

I spent alot of time looking at reviews for the insolite wallet and was so excited when the summer corai (pink)l color came out with the monogram, however I do find myself using the zcp more and reaching for the insolite less. Idk if its the layout but it's inconvenient when you are in a hurry. It ends up with papers stuffed as many mentioned already
I think I let myself buy it because of the "color" of the wallet and not functionality. I dont regret it but have considered selling because it jus sits in the dust bag. I will admit it is a beautiful piece but I jus dont know if it was right for me.
The large size is also difficult to hold when extracting cards to pay for things and although it has many hidden compartments they are tightly sewn in. If you have alot of cards ita great and aren't in a hurry but I jus feel bad tryin to organize things in the store when there's a line of people waiting.
Good luck deciding!