Need your help please - PO Feb.08 approaching..

Togo would also be an alternative. The grains are smaller than clemence and it's weather proof and scratch proof. It also doesn't slouch as much as clemence would.

Regarding color, etoupe and graphite would also be great neutrals.

Deux Armoires, thank you. I do like Togo a lot too; the grain is so lovely and it was the first leather that came to my mind. I'm not quite sure, which colors are available for the next PO.
Then of course, I just read Cynthia's post ...

LOL, Angelfish! Mine was just in a mood that day, all dressed up with her twilly and all. She's a 35 as well, in case I didn't say that.

This year's Togo, to my eye, has not been that great, so I personally will not be ordering or begging for a Togo bag until I see some greatly improved Togo coming out. The Clemence from this year and last year has been amazing, but it will slouch and floop, of course, so I don't think that's a good option for what you want.

There's also Fjord, which hasn't been discussed yet, but it has a much larger grain pattern and is a tad heavier weight even nowadays (it's much lighter now than it used to be).

... which doesn't make Togo sound too good at the moment. What is actually wrong with it? Would be interesting to know...
Fjord is a good idea and it's a leather that I really wanted to like, but everytime I saw it, I thought it's not for me.

Oh duh sorry, she's a 35cm. I need to find a pic of her all buttoned up like Cyn's pretty gal... apparently my bag is super casual and doesn't pose for pictures all done up much :graucho:

I think she is very beautiful in her "unmade, just came out of bed kind of look".
It's so great that one can dress her up, which of course is equally fun.
Oh, I can't wait.... Lol.
BTW is the color Ebene?

I think the etoupe suggestion is an excellent one! Neutral, but light enough for summer as well as other seasons without being gold. Epsom is light and structured and very durable but some don't care for the feel of the leather. You'd want to feel it before purchasing, most definitely. Have you tried on a gold birkin in person? I personally am a huge fan of this color, it's so versatile - and you might feel differently seeing it "on" than you first thought if you have never picked one up. Best of luck, let us know what you decide! :biggrin:

Another evergrain advocate here!!! It takes color beautifully and I love the feel. I can't imagine Rouge H will be anything less than GORGEOUS in evergrain....OMG!!! Also - lighterweight than most leathers which makes it wonderful for a 35!

I think the etoupe suggestion is an excellent one! Neutral, but light enough for summer as well as other seasons without being gold. Epsom is light and structured and very durable but some don't care for the feel of the leather. You'd want to feel it before purchasing, most definitely. Have you tried on a gold birkin in person? I personally am a huge fan of this color, it's so versatile - and you might feel differently seeing it "on" than you first thought if you have never picked one up. Best of luck, let us know what you decide! :biggrin:

Thanks Haute Couturess; good point about trying on a gold, I should certainly give it a go! Who knows... I'll definetly post final descision. Lol

Another evergrain advocate here!!! It takes color beautifully and I love the feel. I can't imagine Rouge H will be anything less than GORGEOUS in evergrain....OMG!!! Also - lighterweight than most leathers which makes it wonderful for a 35!

thanks frechiefan. Seems the overwhelming majority favours evergrain...food for thought..

Here's a few pix....again a black evergrain in a 35 and Rouge H in clemence

47b7cf08b3127cceb0a35424da9900000026100AZNGrFq3ZtmKg

I'm with FrenchieFan (of course) - rouge H in evergrain or clemence is TD4. Mai Tai, having seen your (gorgeous) pix, I think you would look wonderful with rouge H.

Oh yummy bags!! :heart:

Does anyone here have an Evergrain bag in Rouge H? I don't recall ever seeing that in either the leather or color reference threads (but now I'm off to look again).

Mai Tai, great modeling pic!!! I think as a mom, either the evergrain or the vache liegee would be great leather choices. How about raisin? It's dark, but in the natural sun, there's a pop of "bright".

Thank you Kelly32!

Regarding Togo, I should have maybe said that I would hesitate to *order* Togo just simply because once the PO comes in, you will probably feel rather obligated to take it even if it *did* have veining, super heavy grains, or some other characteristic to the skin that you might not care for.
If this was a question about a bag you had seen in person then of course that would be a moot point because you would have seen it already.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Togo's fantastic, I have just noticed that in the past 12-18 months it has a different look to it than "older" Togo did. It may change yet again in 2008, as Hermes alters their suppliers or some other factor changes such as weather or the grain available wherever the cows live, etc. Sounds funny, but that sort of thing can definitely make a difference in the end result of a tanned hide.