Need your help for LV New Emilie Wallet W/O made in XXX

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone, I am new here. I really really need your help. Here is my situation.

I just bought my LV EMILIE WALLET RB from official website in US. I was very excited. When I opened the package, I can't find the words about " MADE IN SPAIN" OR MADE IN FRANCE". I only got a small card from the zippered pocket which said" Coated fabric cowhide leather lining. made in USA of imported materials. Is my wallet fake? I am wondering who got the same situation with me. IMG_7014.JPG IMG_7013.JPG IMG_7012.JPG

2. If you bought it from the official Louis Vuitton site, I don't see how it could be fake. Maybe contact LV or go into the store to ask

3. Thanks. I will stop by on this Friday.

j19 likes this.
  4. Any ladies got the same situation?

5. I bought the exact same wallet in the exact same color combination (doesn't it look sooo gorgeous??) last week monday, July 11th here in Europe though and mine has a "Made in France" stamp in it.
    I really don't think yours is fake since you bought it straight from LV. But I have to say I'm really not a big fan of the missing Made in X that they're selling now in the States. I'm glad it's legally required in Europe to have it on the item!

6. I think they are now using this design for 'made in USA' SLGs...

I wouldn't question its authenticity, especially since you ordered it online :smile:

7. I had heard they wanted to steer away from saying where made on items

8. They don't stamp "made in USA" anymore for handbags / wallets made in the USA and haven't for awhile. The bags will have a leather (and sometimes a cloth) tag that says "made in USA" and slgs are just stamped "Louis Vuitton".

It's totally normal.

9. Totally normal.
    Made in USA items now come in an attached cloth that says "Made In USA".
    Also same for handbags. It's been like this for a while now.

10. I thought this one was discounted. You are so lucky got it with the stamp"Made in France".

11. Thanks for your reply.

12. However I really like the wallet with the stamp. I am a little bit sad.

13. My wallet didn't come with the cloth or the leather tag. It just came with a mini card. They stamp the 6digits code in the interior part. Is it still normal?

14. My wallet didn't come with the cloth or the leather tag. It just came with a mini card. They stamp the 6digits code in the interior part. Is it still normal?

15. Slgs are wallets and those will only have the stamped "Louis Vuitton" the bags will have a cloth or leather tag.

Yours is authentic if you purchased from the LV store or online. You have nothing to worry about.