Need your help: first purchase!

shop girl

Shopaholic
Sep 16, 2006
Hey guys! I'm an avid LV lover and was just mustering the gumption to delve into another purchase when i went..wait...i could get a chanel bag!! :smile: It's totally different from what i have and they're classics. now, where to start? I'm 5' 6" and looking for a classy day to evening bag. I don't know the brand very well (styles, fabric, size etc.) but for the research i've done on here...so pics are appreciated!

What should my first chanel buy be?! :nuts:

a few to look at

Attachments

• 2.55 226 White w Black $2795.jpg
    2.55 226 White w Black $2795.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Accordion Flap Red Caviar $2575.jpg
    Accordion Flap Red Caviar $2575.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 32
  • wht_maxi.jpg
    wht_maxi.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 37
another one,black is a classic colour,just thought i'd put a few more for you to look at,as summer here

Attachments

• Navy Caviar Jumbo $2650.jpg
    Navy Caviar Jumbo $2650.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 57
I would get a medium classic flap. Go look at them IRL so you can see whether you like cavair or lambskin better. Also gold or silver hardware. That will probably depend on the color you choose also. I would get black since it goes with everything.

black classic flap, m/l... but ideally, for a 1st, prefer the jumbo. it may be used for casual night affairs too. anyhow, have you decided on a size yet?

Kirkcaldy posted some awesome suggestions, especially the first, third and fourth ones. They are the reissue, the classic flap and the camera bag. All of them are equally TDF although the classic flap and reissue are probably a bit more "classic". I prefer lambskin and large bags, so I recommend jumbo or large in a colour of your choosing.

If you would like a bag that will go from day to evening, you should consider a M/L flap. The jumbo is more of a day bag and is probably too big for evening. Here are some of my suggestions for bags you might like:

The first one is not currently available in stores anymore but has always been one of my favorites (caviar with bijoux chain) - this website actually has one in stock. Some might argue that the bijoux chain is a little dressy for day but I LOVE this style!!! I think the caviar leather is a tad bit more casual than the lambskin...plus it's less maintenance! There is also the classic M/L with classic chain that you can consider if you don't like the bijoux chain.

The second one is the black matte reissue with gold hardware. GORGEOUS bag...comes in different sizes (a 226 might be what you're looking for - it is a little larger than a M/L but not quite jumbo size) and different hardware options (this pic was taken from a bonanzle member izzy82).

HTH!!!

Attachments

• HandbagsChanelBijouxCavMedFrontwChain(1).jpg
    HandbagsChanelBijouxCavMedFrontwChain(1).jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC01000.JPG
    DSC01000.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
hey!!!
welcome to the world of chanel!
i too am new to the world of chanel and in fact i recently bought a "new" vintage chanel!

its a lamb classic flap... i'm not too familiar witht he numbers and sizes but i think it's a medium 10x6x3 or something like that!

with your height it will be a good size! i just recently posted a debut picture of me wearing it and i'll link it up to give you an idea.

i'm 5'8" and i think this purse size is perfect for me!

purse on me

Kirkcaldy- omg that camera case is that in a purple? is to die for! does anyone know what the colour code is and whether its currently available?? :graucho:

It's navy lambskin not purple...typical Chanel navy morphing to look like other colors in posted pictures.:P I believe the color code is 94015. HTH

Last edited: