Need your help - bag stain!!

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I was wearing my RL blue blazer with my Gucci hobo. Anyways, the blazer stained the bag and now I need to find a way to get the stain out. Any ideas? I've tried baby wipes but you can still see a blue tint...:sick:

2. Ooh, careful..don't smear it! Is it a fabric bag? Unfortunately I asked a boutique recently & they tell me to clean the bag they send it out & it usually takes a LONG time (like a month or so) & is a/b $100.

3. I won't advise you to do this because it's probably safer to have it professionally cleaned.

When this happened to me, I saturated the fabric with water in a paper towel. It actually worked and the stain is gone.

But be careful and it worked for me and maybe the stains are different.

I hope you get it out.

4. I'd just take it to a good shoe / leather repair shop - even if it canvas. I've stained a Marc Jacobs bag and a vintage canvas (me and my pen marks) and my local shoe shop has gotten them both out - either by dyeing it or doing a thorough cleaning.

HTH!

5. I would try to get it professionally cleaned also... I get so worried about this- and sometimes trying to clean it yourself may stain it worse.

Good luck! :flowers:

6. Thanks for your advice ladies! I'll see if I can take it to a boutique.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice