Need your help about EBay and lovehandbags

Lillan

O.G.
Jul 19, 2008
Ladies, I hope you can help me with this!
I now and then see some bags that I would like (from earlier seasons) on EBay and at lovehandbags. But since there is already 2 bags from this season, that I am planning to buy in the next couple of months, there is no way I can justify to buy more bags than those. Unless I sell some of my bags that I don’t use much.
So here is my question, can I ask the sellers on EBay and lovehandbags, if they will do a swap? Or is that just unacceptable?
I don’t want to upset any, so I thought that I would ask you ladies first!

Hi Lillan

I haven't done as you suggest personally but I know of other tPFers who have, so I'd say go for it! All of the "trusted sellers" seem to be super-approachable, and at the end of the day the worst they can say is no thanks!:biggrin:

Good luck, and let us know how it goes ;)

Hi lillan. Lovehandbags offer an exchange service, but the price offered for your bag will be low. I tend to use lh for those difficult to shift bag. A lot of ladies would try to sell through *bay to get a better price then buy off lh.

Xmc

I agree with mulberryfloss. Most trusted eBay sellers will consider buying your bags or offer a part exchange service.

I've let my bag so to LHB and most of the trusted sellers and the experiences have been good. It's tough sometimes watching your bag be sold for more but that's the narure of their business and it's savesvthe hassle of eBay etc for us.

LHB will definitely exchange Lillan. Their part exchange price is much better than their cash one. I actually offered all my unwanted bags to them in exchange for a credit status which I'd use as bags appear that I wanted. They initially agreed but had to rescind the offer because legally the situation was too difficult. However as a result I got a part exchange bag at a more than fair price to make up for it. I'd definitely do business with them.

I'm certain too that the trusted sellers ebay would take your bags in an exchange deal. I don't resent a penny profit they make. They are taking the risk and using a good name that they have spent time building up.

If you have 3, say reasonable, bags lying unused that could fetch you £250 each in your hand, then that would cover almost any new bag. I see it that way now, instead of volume, quality. I've paid £200-£300 at least for some weekends away that were no great shakes. And every wedding I (often grudgingly) go to seems to cost that when you total all the expense up.

I think of the "lost" money more like the cost of being thrilled to bits for a time.

I have had very good experiences part-exchanging bags with LHB, and occasionaly also with some of our trusted ebay sellers. To me, it is a safe and easy way to sell an unused bag. Since I don't want the hassle of selling on ebay myself, this is much better than just keeping unused bags and feeling bad about it.

I *may* have made a bit more, had I sold them directly on ebay, but then I would also have run the risk of having all the possible problems with ebay selling. I'm personally very happy that we have our sweet trusted sellers and LHB to help us take care of our unused bags, and I must say that they are all so very friendly that it is always a pleasure to deal with them.

Thank you so much for your replies, you girls are the best!

I am very pleased to hear that they do exchanges, and that you all have been happy to deal with them. I am particular pleased to hear that you have been dealing with them from Sweden, Vicky, since I live in Norway myself!

Thanks again! :tpfrox: