need your expertise

dsrm

O.G.
Feb 15, 2007
I was going to purchase the magic onyx long pendant. but after seeing the new release, now I am thinking about purchasing either the magic long pendant is blue agate or the grey pearl.
How are the durability on these stones. Which one would you recommend.
I mostly wear black, white, grey clothing.
I wanted to wear it by itself or with carnelian pendant or magic Mop earring or onyx earring
thank you

Reactions: ayshaa
The Blue Agate is as durable as onyx however, I have seen 2 BA pieces so far with hairline fractures inside the stone (not on the surface) probably from the cutting process, which might compromise durability. So while it is durable in general, please inspect the stones carefully with a good light source.

Either BA or Grey MOP will go great with your wardrobe palette and existing VCA pieces!

Reactions: ayshaa
I was also eyeing both but have now since given up on wanting the grey MOP as I was looking at the shorter necklaces and I typically go against all advice and wear my necklaces daily without removing each evening — although both stones need looking after, I really dislike having to baby my Jewelry constantly and MOP is generally a much softer stone and more prone to scratches.

However if you are used to removing your Jewelry daily (this is prob easier given that you are looking at the longer necklaces) then personally I don’t think the fragility of the stone would factor into my decision... just whichever you feel is more special/suits your style more :smile:

Reactions: HADASSA and ayshaa
I was going to purchase the magic onyx long pendant. but after seeing the new release, now I am thinking about purchasing either the magic long pendant is blue agate or the grey pearl.
How are the durability on these stones. Which one would you recommend.
I mostly wear black, white, grey clothing.
I wanted to wear it by itself or with carnelian pendant or magic Mop earring or onyx earring
thank you
I have had my Onyx Magic Pendant for few years now and it still looks new, you just need to wipe it every now and then and if you finish using it just wipe it well before leaving it in the jewelry box so the residue from our hands or weather don't damage the stone, it is almost carefree stone which I love so much but I still care about all of my jewelry equally even the solid gold I would wipe before returning to my jewelry box. If you have an Onyx earrings I suggest you to go with the onyx magic pendant but the blue agate is also stunning! Like @beansbeans said you need to inspect it well before purchase :smile:

The Blue Agate is as durable as onyx however, I have seen 2 BA pieces so far with hairline fractures inside the stone (not on the surface) probably from the cutting process, which might compromise durability. So while it is durable in general, please inspect the stones carefully with a good light source.

Either BA or Grey MOP will go great with your wardrobe palette and existing VCA pieces!

This has been happening more frequently - so before VCA decides that they want to increase prices, they should FIRST improve on their quality control.

Have a look at the MOHS scale of mineral hardness and make an educated choice.

Which pieces are you looking to get in Onyx?
I have just placed an order with my SA for VA Onyx ring, my size sadly is not always available!

Last edited: